Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Greetings,

I've been following the tutorials for creating skills and skillbooks. But it only covers placing skill books in custom levels, not the base game.

https://docs.larian.game/Part_4:_adding_the_skillbook_to_a_vendor#Step_2:_Creating_a_vendor_and_setting_the_trade_treasure

Is there a way to insert a new skillbook into the inventory of existing NPCs in the base (Origin) game? I thought this would be a common topic given the number of mods out there, but I haven't seen anything on this specific issue. Anyone know how to do this, or if it's even possible?

Last edited by John Doe; 01/10/17 04:28 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
One way to do it is to overwrite the trader treasure tables (in the stats editor) and add your books to them.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by LaughingLeader
One way to do it is to overwrite the trader treasure tables (in the stats editor) and add your books to them.

Thanks for the reply, I read your reply in a similar post. But how do I do that? The guides teach me how to create a custom vendor, add my skillbook to his treasure table and then place the vendor in a custom level, but they still don't help me to:

1: Load Origins levels, not custom levels.

2: Locate relevant vendors. (e.g. I want Kalias in Fort Joy to sell my skill book - where is he and what is his treasure table?).

Once I know where the vendors are, it's a simple matter to look up which treasure table they're using, then add my skillbook to it.

Last edited by John Doe; 02/10/17 05:04 AM.
addict
addict
i am also very interested in this topic

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
apprentice
apprentice
Check treasure tables on stat editor. Every people has a table there. You can modify them to sell whatever you want.

Hi,

You need to make sure your (add-on) mod has a dependency/loads data from Divinity Origins. For existing mods, you can do this in the Project Settings. Then, in the level browser, toggle "Show Inherited Levels" (top right). Now you will be able to load and modify Fort Joy (or any Story level) in your mod (short guide on modding Fort Joy).

In Fort Joy, find the vendor you want to change, and either:
- Add a custom treasure table to the "TradeTreasure" property in the SideBar
- Add your skill book to one of the treasure tables defined in the NPCs TradeTreasures (by copying the TreasureTable to your mod in the Stats Editor and adding the skillbook)

Last edited by Larian_JB; 02/10/17 07:33 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
If I also want to add my own custom table with my own spells to the same vendor as the original poster would the two added tables work together? Or would our modified Fort Joys replace each other?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard