Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Everyone who is scared of undead freaks out when you take off your armor. When you're all covered up everyone thinks you're a normal human. Unless you're in combat with them! How come everyone knows to fight you with healing magic the second you're in combat? It would be nice if they would try to hit you with poison first, you know let me make use of that immunity and healing. Then after that maybe they could realize I'm undead.

It also seems like Taunt only works against players, it's like a mind control on you! When you taunt enemies nothing happens! I see the taunt is on them successfully, but they still go run after the rest of the team.

If you use any ability that grants temporary immunity the enemy will flat out ignore you. If you use something that gives you 100% dodge, well, the enemy will run across the map to hit your friend instead. Might as well just add a tooltip that says "Makes everyone ignore you."

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
When an enemy taunts my guy why does he start chucking grenades at my team?

Did the enemy say "HA! I bet you totally couldn't waste those expensive Mind control grenades at your friend!"

stranger
stranger
I agree. Taunt should really just make it so that you can only target/attack the taunter, not completely take over your character.

For the rest of these issues there is a mod that decreases the loremaster level of most enemies (in a logic way - i.e. Zombies should be stupid).

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, that would really bother me too in regards to the taunt ability. That sounds like a bug, you should definitely report it. Taunt has been working fine for me. I do know that, physical armor blocks the taunt though. Is this happening after their physical armor is gone?

"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Yeah, they have no armor, I taunt, they ignore me and go kill someone else.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by fat_cyborg
Everyone who is scared of undead freaks out when you take off your armor. When you're all covered up everyone thinks you're a normal human. Unless you're in combat with them! How come everyone knows to fight you with healing magic the second you're in combat? It would be nice if they would try to hit you with poison first, you know let me make use of that immunity and healing. Then after that maybe they could realize I'm undead.

enemies also get loremaster levels so they can tell what you are and what abilities you have. it's the same reason you're able to tell someone is undead by examining even if they're covered up in combat

It also seems like Taunt only works against players, it's like a mind control on you! When you taunt enemies nothing happens! I see the taunt is on them successfully, but they still go run after the rest of the team.

i've definitely noticed this. taunt seems really hit or miss as to whether or not it even works on enemies, and the way taunt works on you makes no sense. you should still be able to choose what skills to use, they just have to be offensive skills and can only target the enemy that taunted you. right now it works like a mix of terrified and charm

If you use any ability that grants temporary immunity the enemy will flat out ignore you. If you use something that gives you 100% dodge, well, the enemy will run across the map to hit your friend instead. Might as well just add a tooltip that says "Makes everyone ignore you."

well, that's sort of the purpose of using the skill. if someone's low health and i want to make sure they survive another turn, uncanny evasion usually seals the deal. mind you, i've definitely had enemies attack an ally while evading, it just seems to be hit or miss

old hand
old hand
You have the Loremaster ability to inspect the enemies. They have it too and so discover your weaknesses. Deal with it.

Taunts always worked for me, so I don't know what's wrong with that in your game. Maybe there are situations where the provoke is not strong enough to overcome a special focus.

If you saw the "Evasion" ability on an enemy, would you waste ap on him/her/it? Why should the AI, which is dump enough, be dumper than necessary?

Last edited by geala; 02/10/17 05:33 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Using antropy on enemy and then walking past him and if the enemy has opportunist talent he will attack you and then the antropy debuff will disappear. Definitely a bug.
Also deflecting doesn't seem to work. Just yesterday i killed a knight that had permanent deflecting buff, i shot him with my Sebille ranger and he died, sebille took 0 damage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard