Next Thread
Print Thread
#624881 02/10/17 04:51 AM
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
I think it performs the concept "defense and breaking defense" very well.
If there's anything to recommend, I think it's good to convert Physical and Magical Armour in a 30~50% ratio when each of it is zero, before CC get work.

For those who argue about the CC problem or "Pure vs mixed damage team build" problem, I think the true issue is that for most of enemy in the game have element resistance and get no physical resistance, this is the balance I think DEVs should consider.

it's not a CC problem rather than damage absorbtion. Mages and figthers cant cooperate effectively (in damage dealing and killing w/o any CC) because of 2 shields that they need to breack before they can actualy scratch something rather than one single shield. I'm playing now at tactician with 2h figther, thief, huntsman, hydro-aero mage and my mage just suck most of time only giving heal most of times. Even "low" magic-armored enemies usualy dies from my 3 physic DD before my mage can do some damage and when i alredy can CC them with spells they already has no physic armor and lying knockdowned or just have hp only for 1 sword hit... and it's nothing about element resistance. it's just stupid. They could prevent CC with 1 standalone "CC-shield bar" but not like that! Many possibly party setups are just f***ed up by this system.

Last edited by Sergey Butsenov; 02/10/17 02:07 PM.
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Sergey Butsenov
it's not a CC problem rather than damage absorbtion. Mages and figthers cant cooperate effectively (in damage dealing and killing w/o any CC) because of 2 shields that they need to breack before they can actualy scratch something rather than one. I play tactician with 2h figther, rouge, huntsman, hydro-aero mage and my mage just suck most of time only giving heal most of times. Even "low" magic-armored enemies usualy dies from my 3 physic DD before my mage can do some damage and when i alredy can CC them with spells they already has no physic armor and lying knockdowned or just have hp only for 1 sword hit... and it's nothing about element resistance. it's just stupid. They could prevent CC with 1 standalone "CC-shield bar" but not like that! Many possibly party setups are just f***ed up by this system.

As I say, maybe cc should work before both armours are zero and the armours could be exchanged when another one is zero.
I believe this way solves your argument and keeps the design spirit.

Originally Posted by July_chang

As I say, maybe cc should work before both armours are zero and the armours could be exchanged when another one is zero.
I believe this way solves your argument and keeps the design spirit.

Forget about CC. I'm talking about dealing damage to vitality. Only salvation for my case is making a single CC shield that would decrease simultaneously with damaging vitality. Maybe add some special spells for reducing exactly that shield without vitality damage so you got choise - try kill fast or try to CC faster. It would solve CC problem leaving concept of anti-CC shield in game but allows effective mag\physic damage dealers cooperation.

Last edited by Sergey Butsenov; 02/10/17 09:06 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I think the system is relatively fine and in some cases it ecourages the cooperation between mages and physics (e.g. you can use Firebrand on your party to melee the enemy's magic armour, or make your mages use necro or throw shield to damage physical armour). However, it does limit the number of options and party compositions available to the player (what if I don't want my mages to throw shields?)

My solution would be reworking hard-cc abilities to deal a lot of damage to the corresponding armour type. E.g. I want to freeze the target, but it's protected by armour, so instead of freezing it the ability would deal a lot of MA damage. This will increase tactical variety (you can quickly strip the opponent of the armour by cc abilities to kill them quickly by direct damage or you can use damage abilities to cc them afterwards) + make cc abilities more relevant. Soft cc, like shock and oil should go through armour and stack, every 2 or 3 stacks it can become hard cc (or just exploding for a standard hard-cc damage on the enemies' armour if they still have any).

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard