Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
So I know HOW to solve this since I looked up. But what I want to know is, is there an actual hint in game somewhere I just missed? If so where is it?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Rain of Blood + Bless. Then you can use the portal he activates when leaving by interacting with the Gargoyle above.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by SniperHF
So I know HOW to solve this since I looked up. But what I want to know is, is there an actual hint in game somewhere I just missed? If so where is it?

Same thing: I've known the means of solving it for some time but it's frustrating that I still don't know why it works.

Then again, I'm that person who can never do cryptic crosswords, no matter how patiently they're explained to me!

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Mig40
Rain of Blood + Bless. Then you can use the portal he activates when leaving by interacting with the Gargoyle above.

He knows that already, what he and many others I guess, are wondering about is where in the actual game (at that point) you can get a hint that blood douses hellfire. Not to mention that this is probably the only instance in the game that has hellfire, and what is even more confusing blood does not douse necrofire.

Someone asked the same on Steam and kblaze13 wrote this:

if you haven't used the ring to bypass the maze, and come across it normally the gargoyle gives you a "hint" in the form of a riddle.

"How would Braccus Rex put out the fire?"
a "blood bath".

https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/3223871682612170404/?ctp=2

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Oh, I never noticed the second part of the gargoyle's hint: typical of me to not pay attention...

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
OMG! It went completely over my head as well! Thanks @Tiqon and @kblaze13. smile

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I'm curious s to what the historian was hiding that Rex wanted. Anyone been able to get him to tell? I was unsuccessful.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mystang89
I'm curious s to what the historian was hiding that Rex wanted. Anyone been able to get him to tell? I was unsuccessful.

It's probably nothing. Just another "Artifact of *breath* super-final-we-really-mean-it-THIS-time-no-kidding Ultimate Doooooooooom"! There probably is no way to get him to spill.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It's probably nothing. Just another "Artifact of *breath* super-final-we-really-mean-it-THIS-time-no-kidding Ultimate Doooooooooom"! There probably is no way to get him to spill.

That's pretty much how I saw it. Okay, I saw it as "there's this awesome thing and I'm not telling you. lol."

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard