Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
picking one of the origin characters as your main character?

Do you get to still enjoy the character's personality because the options you get for dialogue responses match that of their character? Do you still get to play what ever personal quest they have?

Any pros and cons you can think of.

veteran
veteran
Origin have their own questline, even some questline with which they will get in each other way, I think, because they sometimes need the same people for different reasons. In some talks you will have option who are only from this character and therefore tagged with their name. Of course you could follow the quest even if they are only companions, but I think as main characters it works smoother.

Also the source skills from origins are more unique than the skill from customs, but on the other hand you can't change their name. ^^

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by eisberg77
Do you get to still enjoy the character's personality because the options you get for dialogue responses match that of their character? Do you still get to play what ever personal quest they have?

Yes and yes. I'd say there is no real downside other than that you don't get to experience as much of that origin character's voice acting because your dialogue choices aren't read out aloud. Other than that there is no reason not to pick an Origin character imo. I highly suggest playing as one.

Last edited by Bokajon; 03/10/17 10:14 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard