Next Thread
Print Thread
#625570 03/10/17 09:09 AM
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
1. Does raising the attitude of merchants change anything other than lowering prices? Do they maybe offer more or better goods, or lower tension?

2. Does Strength affect what a character can move by Telekinesis?

3. Does anyone bother to sneak in combat? I was looking at the Guerilla talent that gives 25% damage when sneaking, and can only think that would be useful on an opener move, or could a high sneak character actually sneak in battle and use that effectively?

By effectively, I mean will spending that 1AP to Sneak equal the value of saving it and being able to use a 2AP attack next round.

4. When you recruit the story NPC's like Sebille and choose what you want them to be through the dialog, how are their initial skills picked? A Cleric in pre-game character building lists Necromancer +1 as one of the skills, but if I tell Ifan to be a Cleric, he doesn't have a point in this.

veteran
veteran
1. Only lowers prices, so only worth if you know you will contact him frequently. Which got a bit meaningless in D:OS2 because there are no turn back possibilities between acts like in the first game.

2. Should not be affected by strength, only by telekinesis itself.

3. I hardly ever used sneak in combat. It is on one hand a broken mechanic in combat, because if all your fighters manage to sneak, AI will just freeze, because they have no target. And secondly it does not make much logical sense, to be able to just disappear from sight, standing behind the guy, you just backstabbed before.

Guerilla means suprise attack, therefore for me guerilla was always meant for opening a fight with a huge bang.

4. They get some prebuilt stuff, though sometimes those seem to bug. After Act 1 you can respec them anyhow though.

Kalrakh #625593 03/10/17 10:22 AM
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
1. Only lowers prices, so only worth if you know you will contact him frequently.

Not entirely correct. If you raise an NPC's attitude above 50 they will fight as your allies if you start a combat in their surroundings.
In addition to that, their friends in the surrounding area will also join the fight. These friends won't count as your allies but they count as neutral NPCs that won't hurt you in combat but will fight against your enemies.
This is really cool if you are doing a solo playthrough, or if you want to fight some enemies that are too strong for you. Just "bribe" some NPCs and they will help you take down the enemy.
It's the main reason why I raise their attitude. The price reduction is an added bonus.
I haven't tried raising an NPC's attitude to 100, so maybe there will be a benefit to that as well.

Regarding Telekinesis: You can move anything regardless of its weight. The Telekinesis stat only affects the range.

Last edited by Bokajon; 03/10/17 10:30 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard