#625658 03/10/17 01:24 PM
H
he4th3n Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
2 things here:
First, there is a major bug with this item. If it is placed inside of a bag, it will remain intact and summon a separate ashen idol of rebirth, leaving the original glowing idol of rebirth unused. Obviously this is essentially godmode, as you will just return to life an unlimited number of times. Making matters worse is the fact that you can give each character their own idol.
Second, I'd suggest removing it entirely from the game, bug or no bug. I feel that it completely takes away the threat of death and is entirely overpowered. At least make it revive at 20% health, not 100%, and have it not be something you can just re-create with a single scroll of resurrection.

tl;dr Either get rid of it entirely, or make it resurrect at 20% health and be permanently lost afterwards.

I experienced this bug as well. I like to hold special items like the idol, the ritual bowl, etc. inside a pouch to keep my inventory organized. However, I found this out while I was deep into a 2 man Lone Wolf Honor Mode playthrough with my friend. I don't want to spoil, but late in the game there is a place where you can accidentally kill yourself with deathfog. At the time, the deathfog didn't render on my side of the map, so I thought I would be able to rez my teammate. This didn't happen, instead I died to the deathfog, the idol of rebirth went off, and I remained dead, but it wasn't a "Game Over". We could both use the Waypoint travel, but we remained dead, and were unable to move, craft, exchange items, etc. After 3 reloads, I was somehow able to fast travel to Lady Vengeance alive. Looking at my inventory, I had about 7 copies of the idol. I was stuck in a life/death loop with the idol inside that deathfog.

I must admit I am happy this was the case. It would've been really brutal for our run to end this way. Especially because once my friend had died, if I hadn't assumed the deathfog wouldn't come into my area (because it hadn't for several seconds) I would've had plenty of time to fast travel to the ship and keep the game alive. I'm not sure if it would've been possible to revive my teammate, but still, it wouldn't have been game over.

Anyway, I like the idol, especially, if you're playing honor mode, because it's insurance against crazy unexpected things you'd only know if you've played the game many times through. I say keep the idol, but fix the bug.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard