Necromancy is overall a well designed skill tree with some idea behind it- to dmg enemies by dmging yourself and weak them with effects while making yourself stronger when being hurt. The obvious basic combos like:
1. Shackles + enemies attacking you.
2. Shackles + Sould Mate+ Decaying Touch + Healing
3. Living on The Edge + Shackles on boss
4. Living on The Edge + Death Wish.
5. Shackles + Living on The Edge + Last Rites.
6. Shackles + Blood Rain + Decaying Touch + Blood Sucker
7. Blood Rain + Decaying + Blood Sucker
8. And so on.
are very clear from the first time you see that tree. Additionally Necro has 3 very good single target dmg spells and 2 great AOE source dmg spells.
However Necromancer has 2 issues that I want to address. First one is when you try to play Necromancer by yourself or you generally want your character to have fun by himself with those combos:
1. Leech from Necromancy Skill tree makes the Living on The Edge + Death Wish impossible since (especially when you are higher lvl) every dmg you do- heals you. At the end of the game almost every attack will heal you fully without even maxing Necromancy (4 points are enough).
This is strange concept as it would seem a lot of Necromancy spells and combos revolves around being low HP or hurting yourself to boost damage while not being killed thanks to LoTE. There is already a Blood Sucker skill that you can use to heal yourself and Mosquite Swarm.
My propose change: make Neromancy instead of 1 point- 5% Leech for example 1 pont: 1% physical armor Leech or 5% better healing from Necromancy spells. Or Make Death Wish disable Leeching for the duration of spell.
2. Necromancy is the only skill Tree that lacks any sort of INT scalling weapon with the same element (There is mod in Nexus for it though). Which means as Necro dealing physical dmg with all your spells you are forced to either use Staffs or Wands with Elemental dmg that targets magic armor, which is useless because you strip Physical Armor with your spells or you have wield melee/range weapon and either: Divide points between STR/FIN and INT – making your overall damage lacking from both melee and spells or just invest enough points to be able to use melee weapon which of course makes that weapon deal very low dmg. Basicelly- useless.
Ale game shows use Blood as one of the elements: Incarnate can be blood infused, Elemental Arrows can blood infuse, Elemental Afiinity is triggered by standing on Blood. Which means- its one of major elements in DOS2. Fire, Air, Water, Posion, Earth, Blood.
So my proposition here is to add Blood Staffs and Wands to game so Necromancer can also have a weapon that works with his skills. Currently Necromancy is the only one skill tree with that sort of gap.
I am well aware some people view Necromancy as support tree but I disagree, considering how much dmg potential is there and how skills where designed to increase that dmg and transfer it to enemy. I belive Necro is currently kind of forced into support because there are some flaws here that simple prevent him from full synergy like other trees. Take on the other hand the Polymorph tree- obivous support tree especially with its bonuses to attributes HOWEVER its totally possible to use all its spells in synergy for one character. It also synergies well with many other skill trees.
Please discuss what do you think about those. I am aware that 1 issue is not a problem when using it at other party member. It is a problem when you try to use it on yourself or on character that has life leech from weapon or Necro skill tree.
Last edited by Benny89; 04/10/17 01:45 PM.