Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello, I'm creating a Crafting Overhaul for DOS:2. You can check it here if you didn't already:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=618073

I want to create a new level for traders. It will be a small inn, with 8-9 different ingredient traders and possibly some guards, a quest for getting a dragon egg (It will hatch into Young Dragon Companion Skillbook) etc.

There will be a portal in this inn. I will create a recipe for another portal to go there anytime you want.

Is this possible? How can implement this kind of addition to my mod?

Thank you for reading.

addict
addict
Hey Elvasat,

First of all, you'll have to place it in an existing level if you want the story to keep working. Fortjoy, reaper's coast,... (You can open and mod existing levels in your mod by clicking on the "Show inherited levels" button in the top-right corner of the level browser.

You can make the level separately and then in the Root Template Panel make a "Level Template" with that level's name in the Level Name property. You can then place that level as you would place an item in any other level.

For teleporting, I'd suggest taking a look at the Sandbox. It has a cave entrance that teleports you to the cave area. For that, you have to add a Teleport action to the Use Actions property of whatever you use as teleporter. There are also teleporters in the red tent in the beginning of the Sandbox level.

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello, Thank you for the reply.

i have two gargoyle portals, one will be on the my in level and other one will be craftable
i used send to osiris thing for Use Actions
and for the script part used Puzzle_Wallportal
i have put a trigger and second gargoyle in my level
crafted gargoyle teleports character to the trigger
and second gargoyle teleports back you to the crafted one
it runs perfectly when i place two gargoyles in my level
but when i go into the game, and craft a gargoyle it shows all black when i teleport
i made trigger and second gargoyle global on my level.

I have found some scripts in story editor and i think it is related with what i'm looking for.

GLO_LevelTravelAgency
GLO_LevelTravelers

With these, Is it possible to teleport between levels? Or should i put my template to all acts so they will be on the same level?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard