Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Okay this is starting to get to me a bit.

Several times in dialogue from and too Fane it's as if Rhalic is the God he's been interacting with even though for me I've never once spoken to or seen Rhalic, it's always been Amadia.

So what's the deal with Rhalic and Fane? Why is there so much dialogue about him when he has had zero presence in the game, meanwhile Amadia who has been featured extensively, is rarely mentioned? On rare occasions you can say either or, but sometimes Rhalic is the only option to mention you follow.

Last edited by BoogieMan; 04/10/17 05:13 PM.
From what I've noticed, and I've never played him myself, but it's the same reason everyone thinks you're a human if you don't use his mask. Fane, well, just looks human.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
From what I've noticed, and I've never played him myself, but it's the same reason everyone thinks you're a human if you don't use his mask. Fane, well, just looks human.

Except that the AI always targets him 100% of the time with healing spells because it knows he's Undead...

journeyman
journeyman
Simple : Fane is tagged as a "human" undead, because his base form looks like a human when he wears clothes.

Rhalic is the God of Humans.

But it's true : the game forget sometimes that you are Amadia's champion and not a mere human of Rhalic.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Sanctuary

Except that the AI always targets him 100% of the time with healing spells because it knows he's Undead...

Yuuuup. No one in the towns know you're undead if you're wearing clothes, but damn the AI knows when you're in battle.

Originally Posted by Sanctuary

That's a mechanical issue. Lore and game mechanics are two very separate things. Here, I'll explain it:

Lorewise: Fane looks human shaped and sounds human.
Gameplay: NPC Loremaster skill is universally too high.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I had the same issues, after act 2 suddenly i was Rhalics champion when i supported Amadia.

S
S
Undead are supposed to be Amadia's champions regardless of subrace, but the game is bugged to occationally mention the subrace god as the main god instead. Happens with Undead Lizards, probably with Dwarves and Elves too.

What happens is the Story sequences know your actual race, but dialog is based on tags and undead have both "Undead" and subrace tags. If you use the mask your god will even change to the mask race god in dialog. I say this is a bug because you only have the one god in you and it doesn't change regardless of your appearance.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard