Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Giddion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I am getting tired of re-saving constantly in this game to get any good results from vendors, looting chests, eating flesh, dialogs, all the random generation of items that make no senses skill wise. I spend more time attempting to get proper items now.... its not fun. Always redoing fights, sometimes reloading hours of work due to a random item I picked up from a massive chest that was junk. After about an hour of retrying I get a proper item.... hopefully.

Lately : I have to count chests and resave a lot, hoping that luck fires off on the proper chest. When your next to a big chest you haven't looted yet but your luck fires off on a barrel or small bag... the big shiny chest becomes useless aka basic crap items and gears. Each time luck fires it is affected by the container and what order you looted and probably a few other factors to mess it up. I will be honest I rather play Fallout 4 now.. this game actually has made me see light lol. Maybe fix it and I'll come back later I am a old school gamer, I know ways around your loot system, but I rather not spend hours doing the same thing over and over till it just becomes annoying.

Apologies for naming another Game but I am being honest

I
stranger
stranger
I
What mode are you playing on that "getting the best gear possible" is such an obsession for you?

G
Giddion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Classic, I was going to go tactical with a Lone wolf Character but I wanted to do a play through on classic first to get the feel. Again the game is beautiful I love the graphics old school RPG style and the music but the constant reloads to get proper items is annoying. Does the Level of play affect the loot drops? like some games?

I
stranger
stranger
I
I don't know, I've never played this game like you have been, but I have seen complaints about the loot drops especially since there is a limit to encounters and chests. Lucky charm definitely helps to get better drops though.

G
Giddion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
"getting the best gear" is not really my purpose I want proper item's for that make sense to my classes I have in party. I look at it this way as I have stated in previous posts if you went through the game with what was generated the first time on containers and NPC's, vendors it could go very badly.... I know after I re-played a few reloads and saw the gear change from save to save I realized that its "all random" "not just chests" why are vendors random makes no sense. Why is corpse eater random makes no sense a lot of it feels like they said well we don't have time to finish the game lets make everything random. I suppose that saves time programming wise but kills the game, I have a luck 5 Character I use only for looting.

Last edited by Giddion; 04/10/17 07:40 PM.
How are you having gear issues? I'm close to beating the game on Honour Mode and not once have I ever needed gear from vendors. Classic mode is incredibly easy compared to Tactician mode. If you're needing gear to carry you, then you might need to reroll some characters.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I can see vendors getting "refreshed" items based on a timer or something, but not completely random by saving and reloading. I don't know, I just can't see that way of play enjoyable. I generally just take what's given to me and make do with it. There are plenty of vendors that you should be able to find gear to get by with, without having to reload the game.

G
Giddion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
No my Characters are pretty OP I have been playing MMO's and RPG's for over 15 years. Thing is I am not struggling to beat the game. I am just tired of the random garbage items the game generates. Stay on point please...my game play is not the problem its time spent to get good gears when you know if you get a crappy item you can reload and get something different. Knowing you can do that well... most people will reload. That is my point

I
stranger
stranger
I
I don't know, a lot of people play for the game play and story, not to keep loading a game for some purple gear. If you're going to quit because of loot drops, see you later.

G
Giddion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Not quitting pumpkin, I am merely stating my opinion. I mean, believe that's what the forums are about. I am pretty sure a lot of people would reload for a purple.
Have a nice day bless you and yours.

PS This was not posted hoping for a response from you. Same goes for any other trolls out there. I was hoping that Larian would take the feedback to heart. Due to the fact I have seen many posts where people are frustrated with same issue since you have no resolution move along and have a nice day

Last edited by Giddion; 04/10/17 08:01 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
If you didn't want a response, you shouldn't have called me "pumpkin". I was saying "see you later" not as a troll post, but because from your original post, you said the following:

Originally Posted by Giddion
I will be honest I rather play Fallout 4 now.. this game actually has made me see light lol. Maybe fix it and I'll come back later I am a old school gamer, I know ways around your loot system, but I rather not spend hours doing the same thing over and over till it just becomes annoying.

I agree that some things in the loot system might benefit by some tweaks, but your post sounded more like complaining than anything else. If it wasn't meant to be, I apologize for misunderstanding.

veteran
veteran
We were already arguing itemization (from a slightly different angle) here:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=624036&page=1

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
OP problem is real but its not only DoS problem
Devs somehow should move forward, discover and create new good rules for their games

Game Quality Control
veteran
veteran
Shops get new stuff every hour and at every level up

No my Characters are pretty OP I have been playing MMO's and RPG's for over 15 years. Thing is I am not struggling to beat the game. I am just tired of the random garbage items the game generates. Stay on point please...my game play is not the problem its time spent to get good gears when you know if you get a crappy item you can reload and get something different. Knowing you can do that well... most people will reload. That is my point

Save scum if it makes you feel better.

Gear distribution is fine. If your characters are 'pretty OP', then why are you getting 'so sick of save scumming'? Why are you even doing it?

"Stay on point", this is the point. You're save scumming so much that it's ruining your experience. Don't come here and vent about something and then get salty when people disagree with you.

Save scumming trader inventories for epic items isn't necessary, you can beat the game just fine. Yeah, it should get patched, but your emotionally invested in the issue and stating that's worsening the game for you.

G
Giddion Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
The point is the random generation system. Scumming saves ahahaha I like that but to be honest I just want proper gears that make sense. I will "stay on point" most of my saves are to prove the fact that system is broken. "Point is this if your new and you have no idea that you can re-roll then ignorance is bliss". The fact that I know I can re-roll is killing it for me. Now if you want to poke at my game play I suggest we do a multiplayer then go toe to toe and see. I enjoy the game and the graphics and I love the music . I am hoping to cause enough of a stir on the forums to make Larian take notice but that is doubtful. Again point is "random loot generation" lol not "scumming" game play what ever that means. Poke at my game play all you like I am sticking to my guns on this one. I am about to log in take better for worse, enjoy the stellar graphics, music, turn based fighting beat the game, and then move on because I don't see a resolution coming.

Posting on here is just causing people to hate me, guess I will stay off the forums.

The fact that I know I can re-roll is killing it for me. Now if you want to poke at my game play I suggest we do a multiplayer then go toe to toe and see.

Lol, what? "Knowing I can abuse the system and get new items is ruining it for me, because I can't control myself. Thanks a lot, Obama Larian"

"1v1 me bro"

Posting on here is just causing people to hate me, guess I will stay off the forums.

Buh-bye. smile

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 04/10/17 08:37 PM.
Alexstrasza, ur post is not solution for the problem, just offtop

Its possible to generate loot (and item stats) on the first arrive to each map/act/etc
and LOCK it

Not like we have in current version:
- every opened chest or trade window rerolling all loot apearence,
- every item have random stats after save/loads)

so save scumming would not work - because u will always get the same results

its up to devs
they could fix it in DoS1

Last edited by Roamer; 04/10/17 08:43 PM.

Game Quality Control
Originally Posted by Roamer
Alexstrasza, ur post is not solution for the problem, just offtop

Just because you agree with the OP's hatred of the system and his inability to control his own impulses to the point that it's making him hate the game and himself, doesn't make my posts irrelevant. Sorry. smile

He can call us trolls all he wants and I don't care if you agree with him or not. We all have opinions and this is an open forum to voice them.

Just because you disagree with OP
you should not post Offtop messages
better post some reasons why current system is good
and why u dont want changes like in my previous msg for exemple

P.S. its not about "controling impulses" its about bad game Rules.

Last edited by Roamer; 04/10/17 08:51 PM.

Game Quality Control
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard