Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chaneyi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I just completed my 1st playthrough last night.

Because I am a sucker for romances in games (it's great to save/ruin the world but even better if you have someone at your side that is affected by it as well and supports you), I followed the Fane path.

Had the dialogues, had the magical night, had him side with me and support me at all times. Finished the Finale returned to the ship, talked to him and no matter what dialogue or what ending I picked ... there is absolutely no acknowledgement of there ever having been a thing between them.

Am I missing something here or is this intended? Is it the same for other character routes?

Was hoping someone could answer this for me.
Thanks in advance.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
the ending of the game is, in general, unpolished; both in structure and in narrative. when you hit the final act it becomes pretty obvious where they began rushing, and the ending/epilogue unfortunately suffered from this too. as a result, your relationships with your companions are barely acknowledged, and all the epilogue essentially does is name off some of the decisions you made along with the characters you traveled with. almost everything else is a generic statement that either references something you didn't even experience or something that occurs regardless of the decisions you made

stranger
stranger
I romanced Sebille as male custom character and the dialogue acknowledged the relationship just fine for me. In my case however it was the Journal that decided to flip its shit and said that Sebille fought me for Divinity instead... Also from what I understand the end-game slates do not take romances into account, or if it is between a custom and origin character at the very least.

Last edited by Vendrevard; 05/10/17 07:36 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
sebille and ifan are the exceptions i believe; both will acknowledge that you were in a romance, but i think they're the only ones

sebille is kind of bugged in that she'll reference a romance between the two of you even if no such thing transpired. at the end of the game she told me she would "never forget the night we made love" even though we did no such thing. i didn't even kiss her when the opportunity arose. the game still interpreted me as being in a romance with her for some reason though

Chaneyi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for the information. Have to say that this is quite disappointing though.

Well, here is me hoping that this may be something to be fixed/addressed in the future with some updates.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I was playing as Fane and i romanced Lohse, everything was fine at the end of the game, she said "its not a daily thing to be in love with a God"

Sooooo i guess something bugged for you, but its definitely in game.

Last edited by Sebille; 06/10/17 04:39 AM.
Chaneyi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sebille
I was playing as Fane and i romanced Lohse, everything was fine at the end of the game, she said "its not a daily thing to be in love with a God"

I was playing my custom elf, romancing Fane, not playing Fane.
While I understand the extra effort put into the origin characters, CCs do seem to be coming in short with various things. And I can't help it that I prefer to play certain race/gender combinations that were not provided by the Origins ...

Hope they will get some love at some point - metaphorically and literally.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Sebille

i've never romanced lohse so i can't speak on it, but i guess hers has an ending

others definitely don't though

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
My romance completely bugged out, in Arx it acted as if i romanced everyone, and Sebillie creepily thinks i love her while i already fully romanced Fane, this continued until the ending where she still mentioning me as her love even though i said im ending my "relationship" with her at start of Arx. Fane still acted im romancing him meanwhile.

Ending slide also skipped my entire main char- red prince section even though i finished all his quests.

And a few random parody endings with characters that are still alive. The only thing truelly mattered was the final choice + windigo, but who in their right mind is gonna save her?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
yeah sebille's ending is totally bugged and seems to consider you a romantic partner regardless of actions taken. which is pretty annoying and prevents me from using her in my party until it's fixed

A
stranger
stranger
A
So, I've played through a number of campaigns already, and i've brought Fane in each of them (and romanced). Everytime, there's a missing dialogue that never seems to trigger when arriving in Arx, and then in the end, he always turns against me - despite persuading him against it and going through all of the romance events on the ship. And then, some of the dialogue in the epilogue is indicative of a romance between the two characters, some of the dialogue, especially the last few - are indicative of nothing between the two.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i've never had fane turn on me at the end of the game if i've done his quests and kept his attitude high

the first time i brought him with me i totally forgot to do any of his quests and he ditched me at the lunar temple

Chaneyi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Stupid question but when do the end slides trigger? I mean any outside of Windigo declaring your final choice?
And do they trigger for custom characters as well? When I finished the game I had only the one from Windigo telling me about the final choice. After that I was back on the ship and was able to talk to the companions, including Fane, my romance, who supported me and as stated, there is nothing there.

And I mean that all I got was "You became/did not become", "this is how it affects the world in general" and "I am free/not free".
No references to any companions, NPCs or actual locations. I had to watch some videos to actually know what was meant.

Last edited by Sayen; 09/10/17 02:37 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard