Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hello

so, I killed the big spider in rykers house, and she dropped a nice 2h weap for my char. After some time, I noticed that my accuracy is abysmal low. the weap is lvl 12 i were lvl 10

First I was: wow what a nice weapon.
After I discoverd the handicap: Great. Now I need to play 1,5 levels with 55-75% acc and every 2-3 of my hardest hitting skills is a miss

So long story short:
Why do I get punished with 20% accuracy handicap per char level under the weapon level?

journeyman
journeyman
Funny thing this punishment is only for the weapon that is higher level than your character.
No punishment for higher level armor / other stuff though.

veteran
veteran
Because the weapon will give you heavy damage increase, before all with skills.

In the first game you had to spend more AP per attack, which was probably the better solution, but now this is not possible.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
20% loss of accuracy might be offset by > 20% increase in damage though.

You'd have to check the numbers but sometimes it is worth it. If not don't use it or wait.

But you are correct - getting over-levelled armor is preferable to over-levelled weapons.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I found a lvl 12 paladin shield at lvl 8. Shield throw still worked and it was amazing.

old hand
old hand
I have to say when I first found out about this punishment, I was fairly disappointed. Considering the fact that, the game *encourages* you to explore, right? It is totally common for you to wander into higher-level areas, and it is totally possible for you to pull off tricks that allow you to win fights that are designed for higher levels. So you really should be rewarded for pulling off such things. And the overleveled gears will only be good for 2 levels or so anyway, which doesn't take that long if you play the game right.

Especially when you play on Tactician mode, 1 level difference is a pretty big difference. Fighting 2 guys who are 2 levels above you in most cases means you're screwed, unless you pull off some pretty spectacular tricks. So, if you do pull off such things, you should be rewarded. That's how I feel about it.

Considering the nature of the two D:OS games, when your level progress is monitored so closely, the moment you pull off nice feats and get overleveled gears, you get punished. I admit I felt a bit bitter when I found out about this. I was also level 10, I did the quest where you only have to help this guy to help this gal and so on, they are level 12 and that quest is a level 12 quest, I suppose. This quest doesn't involve a whole of fighting, so I went through it without much trouble, and got a nice level 12 twohander. What happened next is about the same as in your case.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard