Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I'm beyond frustrated with the engine as of late, Within this week alone I've lost two almost fully map custom maps that i cannot access or just removed entirely so this is my last desperate plea for help.

For context, I was working on a custom map of mine trying to place item dialog (This never seems to work out for me ever as it always ends in something terrible happening.) So i decided to make it automated and try it out but reloading the map...Then the game crashed so i opened my project again and tried to load my level only for glasses to crash while loading the editor.

Nothing i do seems to work, I thought if i manually go in and delete the item i thought was causing the problem maybe it'd at least let me go in and fix things. But no that didn't work either, I tried deleting dialog's and triggers manually as well still nothing.

I really don't know whats the problem and this is disheartening as hell despite my constant saves, The other two levels can be loaded just fine but something happened and now it just continues to crash, I cannot copy either and attempt to create another.

I really don't want to lose my progress again, If i need to provide anything let me know.

Hi Duskthebatbro,

If you zip the following folders:
- Data/Projects/YourProjectName/
- Data/Public/YourProjectName/
- Data/Mods/YourProjectName/
- Data/Editor/Mods/YourProjectName/

I will take a look

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Oh thank you so much!

Btw the first thing you're going to notice is the "Project Name" which is a dumb idea based on what a friend said in a voice chat that made us all laugh, So i turned it into a game.

Also if this helps, whenever i load the level it seems to crash when it begins to set up the "Editor" i think then the crash happens. So Here is all the zipped files and named them each at the end for easier to find stuff.

Also P.S. the level you are looking for is "Gaybabyjail2" which cannot be loaded, Also if you know anything about renaming stuff (Cause it always fails to rename things.) I'd appropriate that as well.

(Projects)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wJwbO41dDeOTYxS0NlYmF1ejQ/view?usp=sharing

(Public)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wJwbO41dDeVEpzaXlMM3BmcWs/view?usp=sharing

(Mods)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wJwbO41dDeNjlDYXJkRnRIdXM/view?usp=sharing

(Editor)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wJwbO41dDeUGk5aVVFVkhRR3c/view?usp=sharing

W
stranger
stranger
W
I had a very similar problem, as for me it was a somehow corrupted(?) layer. Did you create any new layers before the crash occured?

larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=625607#Post626718

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
huh, didn't realize that this forums only gave 15 mins per post that's odd.

Anyway, I don't quite understand what a "Layer" is and i'm not sure of it within the Engine. I did look at your thread before posting this one but i didn't understand the solution and i don't know if it's the case for my situation but regardless if you could explain in detail i'd be willing to give it a shot. Anything to get my level back.

All i remember doing before the cash was testing out the "Gen_Item_Dialog" script (Which to me is generally a bad idea cause it always ends wrong and i can never get it to work right.)

W
stranger
stranger
W
In the editor layers are in the world outliner.

The layer files are located in:
Code
Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Mods\[MODNAME_ID]\Levels\[MAPNAME]\Layers

The files can be opened with a text editor. I had to delete the file of a layer which i posted in my prevously linked post.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I actually didn't know about that for the world editor, but now that i do i'll keep things better organized.

I went into my level to delete the layer as you said, but in my level folder there is no "Layer" folder, I think this is because i never made any layers in the editor so there isn't a folder of them.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard