Next Thread
Print Thread
S
simz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Please help. I love this game, but it keeps just crashing on me after a period of time. It will close to desktop randomly without any message whatsoever. I will be playing and BOOM suddenly Im just on my desktop as if I never even opened the game.

I have updated my drivers and taken apart my tower, dusting it out (it wasnt bad). Neither of those worked.

I have a Geforce 980 ti SC (it came with the superclocked "SC" label, I didn't over clock it)
My processor is a Skylake i7-6700

Sometimes the game will run for an hour or two, sometimes it'll run for 5 minutes. Either way it just randomly exits. No error message, nothing.... just my desktop again.

I want to be able to play Divinity 2 without being interrupted so badly! Now that I think about it, this also happened with "The Division" and "Prey" and it doesnt happen in "Overwatch"

Please help!

Last edited by simz; 05/10/17 08:42 PM.
S
simz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Has this not happened to anyone else?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Since you have this in other games too, it might not be related to this game at all.

Check the event viewer for any "system" related errors, the nvidia driver is probably crashing, i have the same card, sometimes asus/gigabyte/etc tends to give less voltage to superclocked cards for some strange reason and usually you just increase the number a bit (with afterburner for example) and everything is fixed afterwards.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard