Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deecato Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Greetings, i decide to grab some exp in this run via taking down group of enemies in a front gate, its my first time doing this (block ways and teleport them singly to u) but I'm curious: Is it possible to kill Alexander here? Or he will vanish same way like when you are trying to take down Dallis? And if there is way to kill him here... Will it affect last battle on Chapter 1?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
yes. it's possible. they are level 8 though, so you'd better skip the fight and do everything in the fort before fighting them.
there are few ways to skips them, so I guess you can find them without spoilers from me. do mind though that if you escape the fort they'll disappear so you have to do it before you leave the fort joy.

as for affecting last battle...iirc there will be additional dialogue line

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I did this ... but Dallis transforms into a dragon and flys away if her health gets low and takes Alexander with her. So you can only kill her pets and the magisters. But Dallis drops her hammer when she flys away - its a nice twohanded weapon.

D
Deecato Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
It turns out i can't really kill Alexander since he has over 300 armor and he hits quite hard, i'll just take down Dallis with crossbow since its easier than dealing with over 100 damage from Alexander per turn, if theres anyone that killed Alexander there i will be grateful for telling me how last fight is affected via it (it can't be just dialogue if he is dead, right?)

D
Deecato Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
It turns out i managed to "kill" Alexander, thanks for help everyone! For those who are curious: Dallis runs with Alexander anyway, it only matter which one of em drops below 50% hp

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
If you don't mind cheese just pick up one or two deathfog barrels in the ship.
Take 1 barrel with you, go up the ladder to avoid dialogue and come from inside fort joy (2 random Magisters will not start the dialogue, just stay out of Dallis' sight) and put the barrel next to Alexandar.
Ofc you need to be undead for this to work, Dallis will fly away with Alexandar as said here before, now you bullrush into the fog and then retreat towards the ladder again, so the ranged magister has to move inside the fog to hit you.
Everyone will try to come after you and die to the fog, play dead to get rid of the yarrow magister, so you can still do her quest (you need to bribe her first, because she will have -35 attitude9.
This way you can do this at level 2, but ofc the hammer being level 5 will give you -50% accuracy at level 3.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Victor_Creed
If you don't mind cheese just pick up one or two deathfog barrels in the ship.
Take 1 barrel with you, go up the ladder to avoid dialogue and come from inside fort joy (2 random Magisters will not start the dialogue, just stay out of Dallis' sight) and put the barrel next to Alexandar.
Ofc you need to be undead for this to work, Dallis will fly away with Alexandar as said here before, now you bullrush into the fog and then retreat towards the ladder again, so the ranged magister has to move inside the fog to hit you.
Everyone will try to come after you and die to the fog, play dead to get rid of the yarrow magister, so you can still do her quest (you need to bribe her first, because she will have -35 attitude9.
This way you can do this at level 2, but ofc the hammer being level 5 will give you -50% accuracy at level 3.

And how you acquire deathfog barrels from the ship if you don't have enough telekinesis and no teleportation spell at that stage.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
You need 14 ST. ;)

journeyman
journeyman
You need 14 ST. wink

I've tried that, with 16 str and All Skilled Up talent as well to add to telekinesis. (overall ship exp = 3000)
But that's 8 meters for telekinesis. I always got the cutscene so... idk how you managed this!

journeyman
journeyman
You can pick up all three barrels with a point in telekinesis or with enough STR to hold two and Haste, I have done both.

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by GreatGuardsman
You can pick up all three barrels with a point in telekinesis or with enough STR to hold two and Haste, I have done both.

Thanks, will try this method once again.
I'm fond of using these barrels at Arhu encounter, cause it's very hard to keep him alive playing as one char.

I've done Hammered achievement maxing out exp... reaching level 6 (70k exp) in the middle of the fight (killing "The Hammer's Pet")...
Still had an idea to use those barrels but never managed this. Maybe haste is the key though...

Last edited by Eugen; 06/10/17 01:43 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
With Strength you just run up and grab them, no need for anything fancy.
Quickdave before you try it in case the barrels get destroyed, but honestly there is not too much to it as long as you don't wait after the door dialogue ends.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
play dead to get rid of the yarrow magister, so you can still do her quest (you need to bribe her first, because she will have -35 attitude9.

Easier to just finish Yarrow's quest and come back. One less magister to worry about.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
You might even get a nice pet dragon out of this:

Last edited by Victor_Creed; 07/10/17 12:26 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
How do you keep the black cat from running through it? Sure, you can climb the ladder, but as soon as you walk into the courtyard the cat will run through the fog and die.

Is there a way to make the deathfog go away?

Edit: That is do-able in Act 1 when your solo, that is.

Last edited by Dreamsickle; 08/10/17 07:58 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I personally don't really care for the black cat since I get flight asap.
But I guess the best way to keep her from it is to rush over to the Hollow Marshes, which is pretty easy without doing a single fight, either thru the means of invis or just go thru the dungeons into Fort Joy courtyard (the section where you come out in the middle with doors around you and in one door there is a crazy priest transforming an elf into a silent monk.
You can just sneak thru the whole room without invis to the left there is a stairthingy which leads down diretly to the marshes.
This will turn the wandering magister with the dog hostile, but he is ez to kill, all the other magisters are not really an issue since you don't have to pass them unless you actually want to fight them.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard