Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Sep 2017
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2017
Nope bugged quest will stay bugged. Luckily I did not have any.

Joined: Sep 2017
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I guess the fixes can't fix bugged quests backwards, can only prevent future bugging?


Nope. I reloaded my saves before completing the quest : still bugged.

Then I reloaded before taking the quest : still bugged. (for the "Proving ground" quest at least. I'll try with the two other too)


Sauce Hunter
Joined: Nov 2015
S
member
Offline
member
S
Joined: Nov 2015
Yay more unnecessary nerfs to make the game less fun.

Joined: Sep 2017
N
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
N
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by xenustehg
>picked up items still turn your action bar into a garbage
one fucking job

+1

Joined: Sep 2017
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by nn23
You can't expect major changes in the first few days after release.
Atm I imagine Larian rotating 24/7 to eliminate bugs and make the whole experience smoother.


First few days? They had almost a year's worth of testing, plus the crunch time up before release that was meant to squash bugs and polish it up, and it's now been three weeks, not a few days.

Joined: Sep 2017
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2017
I have to agree with Sanctuary and many others: This update is just a normal patch, or more like several patches that were overdue, all lumped together.

The only thing outside of bugfixes that happened was Bone Window being nerfed (hopefully just initial values, it already scaled poorly) and Chicken Claw (which is debatable, and Chicken Tendons was a memestrat anyways when you can just teleport them for the same AP cost).
I guess they are taking feedback in regards to balance, but they don't seem to be publicly acknowledging anything or fielding questions and concerns of the community which is never a great sign when a developer is trying to listen to their feedback.

Edit: There was also an incredibly vague change to Taunt I'll have to test later, so there's that at least.

Last edited by GreatGuardsman; 06/10/17 05:48 PM.

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
Joined: Sep 2017
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Sep 2017
Don't forget scrolls now scalling with primary stats.

This one is huge.
Scrolls are now totally worth their gold. They are better than regular spells, 'cause they have no cooldown, no source points and even cost 1AP less if you grab ambidextrous. mage


Sauce Hunter
Joined: Nov 2015
S
member
Offline
member
S
Joined: Nov 2015
Originally Posted by Dopelgingembre
Don't forget scrolls now scalling with primary stats.

This one is huge.
Scrolls are now totally worth their gold. They are better than regular spells, 'cause they have no cooldown, no source points and even cost 1AP less if you grab ambidextrous. mage


OK cool. Next they need to buff Bomb damage in a simlar way. Without the scaling maybe. Still doesn't make up for them systematically nerfing every potentially fun spell or combo though.

Last edited by Sotanaht; 06/10/17 05:55 PM.
Joined: Jan 2011
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jan 2011
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
Good patch, but from what I read, I'm a little unhappy that (crappy) Round Robin turn orders is still in effect.

It's the only thing I can safely state I absolutely hate about this installment.


I'd be upset if it were changed. They need official in-game mods options like Xcom and that is where your hope imo should lie. Same with armor. Turn on a mod to remove order and use straight init rolls. Lots of important bugs fixed I'm sure, but not much in the excitement level of "ohh I got to go try that", a couple things.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 06/10/17 06:02 PM.
Joined: Sep 2017
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Sotanaht

OK cool. Next they need to buff Bomb damage in a similar way.


Yes please. biggrin

Bombs do not scale with primary stats (and that's...normal, I guess.) but compared to scrolls, damaging bombs are really really not worth it. (status/effect bombs are still awesome tho.)


Sauce Hunter
Joined: Sep 2017
K
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
K
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by GreatGuardsman
I have to agree with Sanctuary and many others: This update is just a normal patch, or more like several patches that were overdue, all lumped together.

The only thing outside of bugfixes that happened was Bone Window being nerfed (hopefully just initial values, it already scaled poorly) and Chicken Claw (which is debatable, and Chicken Tendons was a memestrat anyways when you can just teleport them for the same AP cost).
I guess they are taking feedback in regards to balance, but they don't seem to be publicly acknowledging anything or fielding questions and concerns of the community which is never a great sign when a developer is trying to listen to their feedback.

Edit: There was also an incredibly vague change to Taunt I'll have to test later, so there's that at least.


Yeah. Silence is the worst thing. I was really hyped for patch because mods cannot fix most of the games problems(in my opinion). Well, will have to wait. Besides I think anything major (if ever) will happen near or at the console release. Which will make PC release a X months long beta.

I am disappointed with the patch. I really thought it would shake the balance a bit. Well I guess I wont be replaying the game anytime soon. Once was more then enough of this grindfest.

On the side note, patch is a little bit big for most of these changes. Maybe people will datamine something more.

Joined: Jan 2010
Location: USA
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Kubiben
On the side note, patch is a little bit big for most of these changes. Maybe people will datamine something more.

The size was due to what looks like ~4.5 GB of cinematics/movies/videos, likely for different languages.

Joined: Oct 2017
D
stranger
Offline
stranger
D
Joined: Oct 2017
I'm sure I am over looking something easy here. But can someone chime in here and tell me what I am doing wrong? I noticed the spell Spirit Vision shows as Muted Can't Cast from Fane. While the other characters can cast that spell..
That is the first question. Second is why does is show as muted can't cast anyhow and what can I do to remove it from being muted? Thanks in advance!

Joined: Sep 2017
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by GreatGuardsman
and Chicken Claw (which is debatable, and Chicken Tendons was a memestrat anyways when you can just teleport them for the same AP cost).

Edit: There was also an incredibly vague change to Taunt I'll have to test later, so there's that at least.


I'm almost positive Taunt just makes you attack the taunter now, instead of aimlessly drinking potions and dancing (it used to work more like a confuse than an actual taunt).

As far as Chicken Tendons, I don't follow. Teleporting them away would produce a similar result if it was a physical class and if you wasted two points in Aero on your Rogue. Plus, Teleport doesn't prevent them from taking any actions such as tossing a grenade or using a healing potion. Chicken is basically a free turn against that enemy.

Otherwise, Rupture + Teleport would have had to have been done by two different characters and due to the RNG of the turn order, it would rarely work out the way you want it to. Chicken was great because of how far it ran, basically suiciding by the next turn. I haven't tried it out in the nerfed form yet. Backlash > Rupture > Chicken used to be the Rogue's early to mid game kill combo. I'm sure it can still kill some things now, but it might take longer, or some enemies might end up at a third health instead of dead by turn two (but you can always finish them off with any of your 2-3 Rangers...).

Joined: Sep 2017
K
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
K
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Sanctuary

As far as Chicken Tendons, I don't follow. Teleporting them away would produce a similar result if it was a physical class and if you wasted two points in Aero on your Rogue. Plus, Teleport doesn't prevent them from taking any actions such as tossing a grenade or using a healing potion. Chicken is basically a free turn against that enemy.



Tele + Tendons is better because you dont have to break armor. If you have a high ground with one of your dudes and a rogue you can make 2 man combo that basically eliminates one enemy. If you broke p.armor its better to use knockdown.

Also, both combos cost the same in stat points and ap.

People think chicken is better because is a 'fun'.

Last edited by Kubiben; 06/10/17 11:51 PM.
Joined: Oct 2017
D
stranger
Offline
stranger
D
Joined: Oct 2017
Nevermind. Figured it out..

Joined: Oct 2016
Location: Germany
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2016
Location: Germany
Originally Posted by DazzBoomer
I'm sure I am over looking something easy here. But can someone chime in here and tell me what I am doing wrong? I noticed the spell Spirit Vision shows as Muted Can't Cast from Fane. While the other characters can cast that spell..
That is the first question. Second is why does is show as muted can't cast anyhow and what can I do to remove it from being muted? Thanks in advance!


Is he wearing some Bracchus equipment? They are cursed. Or can he cast everything else except for Spirit Vision?

Joined: Oct 2017
I
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
I
Joined: Oct 2017
Has anyone had a problem in controller mode? I'm not seeing names of what I'm trying to interact with.


gambling on some rng cc affect is not a deep strategic decision. It's just a sign of gambling addiction.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5