Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
I'm getting 0 XP from killing Voidlings in Driftwood. This includes the first encounter on the beach, the encounter under the fish factory, and all the Voidlings in Wrecker's Cave.

I know there was a nerf to Driftwood XP. I have absolutely no problem if 0 XP is the intended balance. But I don't know if 0 XP was intended or if the XP is currently bugged. Does anybody know?

Last edited by Incendax; 09/10/17 12:25 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Making new run and saw this too... Just thought that those mobs are so easy that you don't deserve anything, still feels wrong 100 exp would be fine.

Last edited by Eugen; 09/10/17 12:40 PM.
I
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Eugen
Making news run and saw this too... Just thought that those mobs are so easy that you don't deserve anything, still feels wrong 100 exp would be fine.
I don't mind if this is 'Working as Intended', but it currently feels like a bug. So I'm avoiding those parts of the game until we get an official answer.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Incendax
Originally Posted by Eugen
Making new run and saw this too... Just thought that those mobs are so easy that you don't deserve anything, still feels wrong 100 exp would be fine.
I don't mind if this is 'Working as Intended', but it currently feels like a bug. So I'm avoiding those parts of the game until we get an official answer.

I'm doing "for honor" and min / maxing every exp. possible. Such changes insult me as a player, that's just wrong.
On my first run those 2x Violate Voidling; 4x Vicious Voidling at Driftwood Dunes gave some exp. for sure.

Last edited by Eugen; 09/10/17 12:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
This is almost certainly a bug. I'd advise people to hold off on their playthroughs before doing anything at all after arriving in Act 2.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yeah, I am starting to get frustrated with Larian. I have been a big cheerleader til now. This last patch instead of just fixing the bugs, they ninja-nerfed, over-nerfed, made gameplay changes and created new bugs.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i dislike this behaviour of over-nerfing things to try to achieve balance

if some things are too strong, the player can set their own rules to limit how to go about avoiding them to increase the challenge

if things are too weak, though, the player is screwed. the only thing that can remedy the situation is mods that either restore or buff these things so that they can be used

this is just a general post, as this thread's topic is probably a bug and not intended, since i don't recall exp gain in driftwood being a significant issue that people wanted nerfed

journeyman
journeyman
Is it fixed yet?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
It's probably intended so you will be disappointed. I beat the game again yesterday and can confirm no xp from fish factory voidlings.

It is not as bad as I expected though. I still managed to get level 21 at end. If I min/max and slay every NPC in towns level 22 may still be achievable.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Voidlings under the fish factor now give experience (1900 each).

Voidlings and possessed dwarfs down in wrecker's cave are still not giving exp.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard