Print Thread
#628800 09/10/17 03:39 PM
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
What's yours?

I took Ifan, Prince, and Sebille. Fane, Lohse, and Beast seemed completely uninteresting to me.

-Ifan is the classic cool dude directly involved with Lucian and out to seek redemption and revenge. Good dude overall. I totally rejected him though when I was in some romance dialogue I was like 'I didn't mean it like that" and Ifan was all like "Oh yeah. totally." lol

Sorry Ifan, you're like a bro to my character. Get friendzoned son.

-Prince is an asshole but he provided some fun points later with his backstory which I thought was going to be bad, but surprisingly warmed up to him.

Sebille is hands down my favorite, personality-wise and backstory. Way more interesting than the rest imo. I might be biased because I ended up romancing her with my female human out of no where when I got the option and I was cracking up, I went in for the kiss. Sebille is a spicy meatball for sure. And the
narration of her and my character that night in the hall of echoes.. oh man I did not expect that part.

- Her backstory is great, she's kind of pushed into this whole divine thing but all she really wants is to be free and get her revenge from her Master. AND she has even more depth in her secondary backstory with the elves, which makes her even cooler.
- Her personality is super badass. She's the untrusting type that takes a bit to warm up to but then she's like the best friend to have.
-Also she did some of the most damage for my team. (5 attack backstab, rip all)

The only thing that annoys me is her art on the main screen it makes her look weird and not at all like she looks in game.

W
W
my favorite character is the red prince, because i kinda liked his arrogant and assholey personality as it suits lizards very well, plus he is voiced by the same guy who voiced my favorite character in dragon commander, as for romance, i had a gay relationship with the red prince, and even though i hated the ending i thought it was very cute up until that point. that said larian better fix the epilogue or give an expansion in which we can continue the romance, because that ending left a bad taste in my mouth

I am an awkward nerd and find online romance borderline creepy, so I rarely partake in them. But there is one single moment which made go 'oh gosh', which is that if you dismiss Fane in Act 2 and then recruit him again, he will say that he's read about this type of inconsistent behaviour and accuses you of flirting with him. Which I found cute, mostly because I have ever only experienced in my life that if I start flirting with someone they immediately play along. No one's ever called me out. How do you know if you're getting somewhere if they don't address your attempts?

So yeah, cute moment. I think my favourite romance moment was when the Red Prince in a savescum to see what would happen
upon demanding his babbi gurl's life he immediately without any hesitation turned on us even though he was close to boning the male lizard of the party. Now that's romance; defending unborn babies.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by CatR
I am an awkward nerd and find online romance borderline creepy, so I rarely partake in them.[/spoiler]

I'd never played a game where I cared about character romance and actually having to play to it, but this was really well done in the game I think.

I guess it's kind of like rooting for a couple you want to succeed for whatever reason lol. You're like the love doctor.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I did not finished the game with him but Fane has some of the most WTF! moments of the game. Like when you back to him in Lady Vengeance and you invite him to have a drink. Or the conversation with Kniles the psichopath, when you met him in the ship, etc

My first playthrough was with Sebille, Ifan, Lohse, Beast (To get all tags in one group. Sadly all you need is scholar all the way ouch ) ; but I am enjoying Red Prince and Fane so far in this playthrough, became some of my favorites.

I love the voice actress of Sebille and her badass personality and I liked her backstory until the elven plot part ( Not bad, but it is something I saw already several times). Bromanced Ifan ( he is the Garrus of DoS 2) and Beast.. well, not bad, typical brawler overfriendly drinking dwarf that is common when dwarves appear and you never tired of it.

Last edited by _Vic_; 09/10/17 10:01 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i got to bone a skeleton

Last edited by miaasma; 09/10/17 10:18 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I liked Malady the most... smile Her voice actress was superb.

I thought the companions were a bit underdeveloped, to be honest, although the rushed ending had a lot to do with it. I liked Lohse the most, her Act 4 quest was haunting, and I felt better about killing Adramalikh than any of the final bosses.

The romances are buggy with Sebille in the party (she keeps acting like we're romanced even after I turned her down), and the narrated scene on the Lady Vengeance by the grandpa sounding narrator was just awful. Just fade to black, Larian!

Last edited by supe; 10/10/17 12:17 AM.
W
W
i did enjoy lohse quest line, i think the only quest line i didn't enjoy was ifans, just because i didn't really know what his end goal was half the time

stranger
stranger
Ifan has a lot of fantastic dialogue if you take both Jester and Outlaw. Watching his tough facade crack under a smile because of several stupid jokes really made me gravitate towards him over everybody else.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard