I am trying to make a scroll/potion that will add a debuff to a character, let's say -5 int and -5 wits.
I followed the guide on creating a new skill book, and have managed to create the relevant stats pieces and place the scroll/potion in the world.
1. I am using the Peace Of Mind/Burn My Eyes skill as a template, and changing the relevant fields.
2. I created a SkillData > Target skill. I changed the SkillProperties field to "MIND_DRAIN, 100, 3".
3. I created a StatusData >Status_CONSUME row called MIND_DRAIN (once again, a copy of CLEAR_MINDED with values changed). I set the StatsID to "Stats_MindDrain".
4. I created a Stats > Potion called "Stats_MindDrain", once again copied from "Stats_ClearMinded". I set Intelligence field to -5, Wits field to -5, and Duration field to -1 to make it permanent (so it has to be fixed by some story mcguffin).
5. I then created the a new scroll/potion item, assigned the stats values as per the skill book tutorial, and set the UseAction field to the relevant stat.
When I now place the object in my level, and have the test character pick it up, it keeps reverting to -1 Int and -1 Wits. I am assuming it is simply scaling with level, since the test character is only level 1 and if I place a Peace Of Mind scroll in the world, it only increases character stats by 1, even though it is set to 3 in Stats_ClearMinded.
Is there a way to stop this scaling from happening, so it has a flat -5 at any level, or starts at -5 and scales from there? Also, is there a way to hide the stat effect of the scroll/potion so it says something like "Unknown effect"?
Any help would be very much appreciated :)