Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
drBrod Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So, i just finished my second playthrough and i'm about to start the third, but first wanna make some complaining about some aspects of the story.

1)Slane, where the fuck are you?? Ok, i like the ice dragon quest a lot, and the choices are good, but man, the entire dragon knights lore have an amazing potential!
I wanna see that lore developed (also, what about the dallis dragon transformation?).

2)Butter, so sad. Wanna see she becaming a playable character! ok, maybe it's too much, but some little extra about her could be good.

3)Dallis. She's one of my favorite character, but she's also, in my opinion, undeveloped (like other characters). She have the potential to be an epic anti-hero, not just some random angry villain. She have a whole story about being imprisoned, ripped from her family because of her father, and she's trying to fix the veil to save the entire "humanity". Holy shit, her dialogue with fane is about 4-5 lines at the end! Too undeveloped.

4)Lucian/Alexandar. As above, even if i care the least (buu alexandar)

5)Romance endings. Wanna see more references to my romance, in the ending scenes!

There are probably many other things to rant, but i'll stop here for the moment.
And you guys, what would you improve about the main (and non) story?

Last edited by drBrod; 09/10/17 11:07 PM.
W
W
the romance endings were abysmal, they really need to fix it

journeyman
journeyman
Slane is only good for a fine fight and 6000 exp. smile
Butter... well 500 exp. laugh

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Slane: I didn't mind him only having a walk-on part, though I guess "Dragon Knights have their own business to attend to" isn't very convincing in the face of the rather serious situation.

Butter: even though I ended up romancing Sebille in the end, that was terribly sad. Typically Larian to have that sort of poignant moment, I suppose, but I wish it didn't have to be that way.

Dallis: I didn't get right to the end, but her intermittent appearances did make her seem like the classic pantomime villain; pity, as she has the background to be so much more.

Lucian: this kinda bothers me a lot. I managed to get used to my D1 character being a dude but I'm not so sure about her also going on to be thoroughly unprincipled.

Romance endings: I guess I don't feel so bad about typically having a "meh" moment at the final hurdle as I so often do, but it'd be nice if they fixed them.

I guess they realised they had to get it out there eventually, but pretty much everything from the Nameless Isle and particularly Arx onwards does feel a little incomplete.

J'aime le fromage.
drBrod Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've also some doubts about Adramahlihk. I accepted his quest (he ask to be summoned during lucian fight), but it didnt happen nothing at the final fight, i had no option to summon him or do something about his quest. It is normal?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard