Print Thread
P
piano0o Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hey Larian Forums,

my thief, in my case Ifan, constantly gets accused of being in somebodys pocket RIGHT NOW even though he just entered their field of view. Every character turns hostile after the usual three warning of staying out of their pockets and reminders that "Hey, this doesn't belong to you.". So basically, my savegame is majorly screwed and my last out-of-the-usual savegame is merely 20h old. I seriously lack the motivation to start from this point again since i already put about 70h in. I'm in Act II and can't proceed.

Things i've tried:
- dropping every stolen item on Ifans character
- tried to "reset" stealcounter by stealing from various NPC's
- put persuasion up (even though it's not needed since there is no check - NPC act like i'm getting caught, not the "lemme search your pockets"-bamboozle

I'm out of ideas. Is there a hotfix coming or can i give my savegame to anyone who then does stuff with a hex-editor or something? I'm kinda desperate - i had a looong work year so far and i kinda took vacation really just to get through this game since i enjoyed it a lot so far. Please Larian, do your magic. Otherwise my vacation really is just hanging out watching netflix and getting shitfaced every 2 days.

Thank you

P
piano0o Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
i hate to do this but ... bump

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Is this by the chance happening in the sawmill in Driftwood after you stole the assassination contract from the sleeping mage?

For some reason stealing that one thing turns everyone in the sawmill clairvoyant and out for blood, and even dropping the said contract before you see the npcs does not help. Only reloading to the point prior to stealing it worked for me.

Beyond that I've no help to offer, unfortunately frown. I've read that you could try to send your savegame to Larian and they may fix it for you, but given the post release bughunt, it may not happen fast.

P
piano0o Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Thanks for your answer,

no, sawmill didn't have anything to do with that. i just finished the mordus questline and after that i stole stuff from eithne. Then i finished various quests in cloisterwood and now, everybody wants to kill me. Seems like the last patch just added bugs for my game. frown

Edit: Did you chose your username after the last record of oathbreaker? If so: Kudos smile

Last edited by piano0o; 11/10/17 01:26 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I got this bug in my game as well, on Fane. It should also be noted that most of the game we have been unable to interact with Fane through dialog as well.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard