Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Impressive, you do got a good sense for details. Seeing the first pictures, I can't help feeling sorry for you, that you went through all the tedious trouble of placing the wall pieces one by one. smile

Last edited by MAHak; 27/10/17 10:48 PM.
stranger
stranger
Ay, www ww w w w w wwwww w w w w w wwwww w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w.

I feel your pain, those straight walls are too boring ^^

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The last part left now. The outer walls of the palace needs to be done, with the gate leading in. And various more work on the richer parts.

Street performer

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Comparison shot to the one from the start from a similiar angle:

[Linked Image]

Still counting on a week more before it's done, maybe a few days more. Made sure that it's easy to move around and play around in as well as making sure that most houses are usable for other GMs and in their adventures.

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. - Bob Ross
Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The first house is mostly done, a smaller but 'rich' one, and with its own balcony. Not much to say so I'll just let my screens show the progression. Started thinking about the next district as well, a temple district of some type I believe. The commons needs to be done after that but... that's for later, hah.

Another start from nothing smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And some of the beginnings of the Palace in question. (I mostly used the high terrain as a placeholder to know where I had planned to have it. You can see it reaching through North to South via the eastern border.)

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by MAHak
Impressive, you do got a good sense for details. Seeing the first pictures, I can't help feeling sorry for you, that you went through all the tedious trouble of placing the wall pieces one by one. smile

Yeah, but it's all worth it by the end when you see the final product. ^^

To Skum: I wouldn't call them boring, they look pretty good but it can be fun challenging yourself with what there is to play around with. I find it pretty fun to make more than just the 'box' houses and walls, but I think they have plenty of uses as well. Saves time too I suppose.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Kahi; 30/10/17 03:48 PM.

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Managed a bit more progress today, might get a bit more done later as well but it really isn't that much left now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It will be released with some lore from the campaign we're running as well.

An example of some flavour text -

Moment by moment; our whole sent quaking, through whispers and shadows and night.

Day by day; our whole sent shifting, through desires of that most carnal of plights.

Week by week; we let go the weak; through whispers, and creaks and laden by fire, our farewells soon too stand their equal,
whisper by whisper; our gold turns to ash, as we away in flight, must flee our plight.

Month by month; we await our return, now longing for whispers and the pleading of creaks, for the creeks now singing, singing for us,
with delight and glee, the vice set us free, and through carnal embrace, our nights turn to linger,
linger through whispers of warmth.

Our children once more, sway and sway, through the sigh of whispers and rain.

And through days of weeks, and moons a many, our whole stand beckoned, to those dreams now reckoned....'

A riddle from a demon, given to the founder of the city. Or so it is said, hehe.

journeyman
journeyman
Looks pretty epic.

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Branvex
Looks pretty epic.

Thank you! smile I'm glad it will be done soon though, will be fun with a new project and all that.

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Have some time now to return to the old spots in-between the new additions. Adding some more polishing here and there, but I can't for the life of me find 'gravel'. Been my main issue for the past two days, haha.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes, that's a simple, oversized coin by the entrance of the Merchant Guild's estate.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They are beyond rich and don't mind showing it. (Still a ton of work needed on the estate however.)

[Linked Image]

Need to start working on the 'hand' for which finger's will reach out and away from the ceremonial area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Kahi; 02/11/17 03:23 PM. Reason: Added pictures.

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Put in a few (too many perhaps? xD) hours more today, and pretty beat but at least it gave some fruit. Should be completed within 2 days from tomorrow. (Today in Sweden, seeing it's 02:09.)

Added further effects: Vid/Gif -

https://gyazo.com/b0f61b4ec419583f5a2ebf3e47b072af
https://gyazo.com/d1bf880598a0441be889b4e34d6e668f

I'm finding myself mostly pleased though with how things are turning out, but once this is done there is still even more of the city to make. Also thought about reconstructing parts of Baldur's Gate 2 in-between the fiddling with these maps, shouldn't be hard at all design wise. Not talking coding here, haven't done much more than take a glance at it yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And that will be enough for today I daresay, haha. ^^

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Just need to finish the wall and the nature surrounding the palace and it's pretty much done. The last day I'll use for polishing up a few things here and there.

Come a far way though smile
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was fun to learn about the instance painter too, saves a bit of time as well in the places you can use it.

[Linked Image]

This has probobly been the most fun part of the entire thing, mostly because I can use what I learnt in the slums and apply it to make something better later on.

[Linked Image]

Probobly the last update before release.

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to walking around the place smile.

Kahi Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The released version can be found here, and any questions can be posted here as well: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=635696#Post635696

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard