Yes, I've sent this to support, but after three days without a response I figure I'll give it a wider airing, perhaps someone else has an idea or two.
I've been experiencing problems with DOS2 ever since he official release. As a KS backer I had access to the pre-release versions and did not have any issues at that time. I'm pretty upset that I've bought the Collectors Edition, but cant even play the game! I've provided as much detail below as possible.
The problem I am having is the game locks up/freezes everytime I play it (after I arrive on the island), usually usually in under 5 mins, though I have played as long as about 10 mins. It usually doesn't lock up until I have left the boat and landed on the island, but once at that point of the game it is constantly crashing.
This lockup is extreme, the computer becomes completely non-responsive, to the point that I have to force a power off and reboot. I've noticed that the lockup happens in three distinct stages. (albeit these happen quickly one after the other, and no matter what i try it always progresses)
1) The mouse doesn't respond to a click (could be anything, opening a character sheet, closing the inventory, movement, attack etc) - mouse can still move for a couple of seconds then....
2) The mouse cursor changes to a windows 'waiting' cursor, animated.... for a second or two, and then...
3) The mouse cursor locks up and its animation freezes.
Game music continues playing indefinately. I have left the computer overnight in this state and it didn't recover, but the music kept playing.
I cannot access ANY other computer command. Alt-Tab, Ctrl-alt-del dont work, Caps and Num lock keys dont turn on/off. Any monitoring (such as Windows resource monitor or BIOS CPU heat/Fan monitor) stop updating their display.
This has been going on since release, and I have tried a LOT of different things. None of the patches have made any difference.
• Updated motherboard BIOS Firmware
• Updated system drivers, tried both legacy and latest video card drivers
• Removed ALL USB peripherals other than mouse and keyboard
• Removed Virtual USB device (Synology) - uninstalled and removed from device manager
• No problem devices in Device Manager
• Deleted profile and all save games and started from scratch
• Turn off cloud syncing
• Turned off auto and quick saves
• Uninstalled and or quit other programs that may have been running in background such as Discord, A/V, printer management, Adobe cloud, Dropbox etc etc
I have run system monitoring utilities both Windows Resource Monitor and Gigabyte's mainboard utilities and monitored CPU , Memory etc. No spikes in activity, CPU usage normal, temperatures normal, fan speed normal, hard drive access normal.
Event Viewer shows NOTHING. The full lockup means no events are being written to log. Also no Crashdump files are being created.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model Z87-HD3
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F6, 3/08/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.15063.502"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.22 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.8 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
Radeon Software Version - 17.7.2
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Memory Size - 3072 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1100 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
PSU: Thermaltake TP-850MPCGAU, Toughpower 850W 80 Plus Gold
Power requirements check doen on a third party site puts my power load at under 450W requirement, so PSU has PLENTY of headroom.