Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
So i want to have a Solo playthrough on the side for Whenever my friend is not available. I want to play tactician and i want to play as Ifran and i want my main dmg to be by Spear. I will ofc dip in to magic schools for certain CC and survival abilitys buy mainly i was wondering if anyone know if Ifrans wolf summon is any good and if its worth investing in summoning for it? How heavily would u have to invest in summoning to make good use of summons other then the Incarnate? I dont want to deviate too much from the skills that will improve my spear.

In Fort Joy before respeccing become available would Thievery or Lucky Charm be more rewarding? Id still carry thievery gear wich should be enough for the lockpicking in fort joy so basically its Lucky charm vs pickpocket.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I have no idea about Ifan's wolf, but people playing as Ifan don't use him a lot, so I guess you'd need high summoning to make it viable; but if you have high summoning Incarnate is much more flexible, since wolf needs 1 SP.
(Which you won't have in Fort Joy at the start anyway)
Lucky Charm invested in early is much better than Thievery, but you will need 1 thiev to pickpocket at all.
If you cheese Alexander with Death Fog there is a chance to get a level 8 lucky charm item off him with only level 2/3 and LC 2/3.
Bear in mind all area loot is pregenerated to area level, but loot on enemies is generated according to their level. (and any additional drops added by LC follow the same rule).

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Victor_Creed
I have no idea about Ifan's wolf, but people playing as Ifan don't use him a lot, so I guess you'd need high summoning to make it viable; but if you have high summoning Incarnate is much more flexible, since wolf needs 1 SP.
(Which you won't have in Fort Joy at the start anyway)
Lucky Charm invested in early is much better than Thievery, but you will need 1 thiev to pickpocket at all.
If you cheese Alexander with Death Fog there is a chance to get a level 8 lucky charm item off him with only level 2/3 and LC 2/3.
Bear in mind all area loot is pregenerated to area level, but loot on enemies is generated according to their level. (and any additional drops added by LC follow the same rule).

Thanks!
What exactly do you mean by cheesing Alexander with deathfog?

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Nvm i googled it. I dont want to cheese the ACT1 boss like this lol. Tho if you did this, will he still be on the ship? And where is that crate of deathfog coming from? The ship?

As i am playing Ifan doing this would probably bug my quest.

Last edited by Fhursten; 12/10/17 12:49 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Dallis flies away with Alexander, you can then cheese him again in the endfight for Act 1, by getting another barrel on one of the roofs in that fight and just teleporting people to you while standing in it.
Dallis will be on the ship, if you have another barrel you can teleport it on her sorry head.

For getting 2 barrels on the starting ship you only need 14 Strength. (simply click on one of the 2 barrels which stand close to each other and mash click the 2nd one as soon as you grabbed the first, quicksave before incase you mistime (it's possible to pick up destroyed barrels, which will shatter on dropping and are empty))
For getting 3 barrels you need precast haste and telekinesis 1.

Last edited by Victor_Creed; 12/10/17 04:05 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Aaaaaand why do you want to play with a spear above all else ?

It's funny really because, outside of the fact that spears are not that good, we change weapons so fast in this game... don't attach yourself too much to a certain type of weapon. Just take the first heavy 2hander you see !

But whatever, you want answers :
- Solo is a bit tedious with certain builds, and quite easy with others (warfare necro for ex)
- Ifan wolf is, well, not really worth it in compare to other source spells. In fact, not a lot of origin characters signature source spells are worth casting, only exception being Fane.
- lucky charm was nerfed a bit recently, so I guess you can start with 1 thievery and then lucky charm/1 persuasion why not.

Last edited by CollaSama; 12/10/17 04:12 PM.
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
I want to play with Spears mostly because i like Spears. Ofc i will change weapons to the best type i found as long as its in the finesse category. I started by rushing Braccus spear, then I cleared the beach area and the crocs before i went through the sewer pipe and now im using Ifans crossbow that Zaleskar gave me. Arena should be cake with this beast. Lucky charm has been good to me so far and i found thievery guantlets to let me pick locks. Ty all for the suggestions so far!

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Lucky Charm got nerfed 6+, everything below works as before, also Lucky Charm is worthless at 1 it only gives you gold drops, no item drops. (getting 3 asap is important but even 2 is quite good).

Which weapon you use doesn't matter too much unless you wanna use skills that scale of your weapon.
For Necro in Act 2 for example the only thing about your weapon(s) that matters is passive boni like Intellect, crit chance, armour, abilities, immunites etc.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Victor_Creed
Lucky Charm got nerfed 6+, everything below works as before, also Lucky Charm is worthless at 1 it only gives you gold drops, no item drops. (getting 3 asap is important but even 2 is quite good).

Which weapon you use doesn't matter too much unless you wanna use skills that scale of your weapon.
For Necro in Act 2 for example the only thing about your weapon(s) that matters is passive boni like Intellect, crit chance, armour, abilities, immunites etc.

I was not aware of the lucky charm cap Thanks!

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Just a little update on this. So far i am lvl 9 and have arrived at Driftwood, so far only died once against Radeka the Witch. Using daggers since lvl 6 and ever since Braccus spear i havent found a single decent spear. Really disappointing.

Yesterday when i was playing with my friend on our playthrough we found a demon called Mor, he possessed us whenever we hurt him and it didnt matter if we CC'd him or not, only solution we found was to kill eachother each time one of us got possessed, is there anything u can do to avoid getting possessed so it might be possible to kill this guy with a solo character? Or will i have to skip him?

Last edited by Fhursten; 15/10/17 02:06 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
[quote=Fhursten]Just a little update on this. So far i am lvl 9 and have arrived at Driftwood, so far only died once against Radeka the Witch. Using daggers since lvl 6 and ever since Braccus spear i havent found a single decent spear. Really disappointing.

Yesterday when i was playing with my friend on our playthrough we found a demon called Mor, he possessed us whenever we hurt him and it didnt matter if we CC'd him or not, only solution we found was to kill eachother each time one of us got possessed, is there anything u can do to avoid getting possessed so it might be possible to kill this guy with a solo character? Or will i have to skip him? [/quote]

You have to skip him.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard