Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sonnyc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I was working on a mod on my desktop at home, and wanted to transfer it to my laptop to continue working from there. I published the mod locally, moved the .pak file to my laptop, used the pak extractor to get the mod folder back, and put that in my path\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Mods\ folder, but the Engine doesn't see it.

Is there some specific way I'm supposed to import/transfer a mod to continue working on it from a different computer?

EDIT: Someone posted a very similar question HERE with a link to THIS post explaining how it's done. I'll leave this here in case someone has the same question.

Last edited by sonnyc; 13/10/17 10:53 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
After you create the project meta, you end up with another problem: the stats editor won't show any of the data.

The reason is explained in this thread.

old hand
old hand
You only need to copy four folders (recursively) to completely re-distribute your mod. You can reference this thread for details.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
S
sonnyc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by fireundubh
After you create the project meta, you end up with another problem: the stats editor won't show any of the data.

OK, so if I'm working from multiple machines I should basically have one machine that will host the "final" version of the mod where I do all the work on stats, but any other changes I make I can move around from machine to machine? And do you know if any other information isn't effected the same way?

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by sonnyc
Originally Posted by fireundubh

OK, so if I'm working from multiple machines I should basically have one machine that will host the "final" version of the mod where I do all the work on stats, but any other changes I make I can move around from machine to machine? And do you know if any other information isn't effected the same way?

It's probably easier to just backup or centralize the folders referenced in Windemere's thread.

S
sonnyc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Oh OK, I thought I'd still run into the same problems doing it his way. Sounds good, thanks for the help! smile

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard