Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Alright, so what's the deal with the roses?

To be clear, I'm not talking about the Blood Rose you can get from Radeka the Witch, with which you can make Attar of the Blood Rose. No, I'm talking about these:
[Linked Image]

You get one of these from Kniles the Magister in the Fort Joy basement, and I'm not sure where I got the second one from, but either way, despite being described as Blood Roses, they are not categorized as such, and cannot be used to make Attar of the Blood Rose.

They also seem to have no effects whatsoever, but have a duration of 10, and if you use them, you do get a buff for 10 turns that.. does absolutely nothing?

Is this a bug? Should we have been receiving Blood Roses, not just Roses-described-as-Blood-Roses-but-aren't? Because they seem completely useless and it's extremely inconsistent to have multiple items designated as blood roses in the game but some useful and others useless.

So what's the deal?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm guessing that they pruned the roses so we can't get as many: Kniles' rose and the others in Radeka's cage were originally blood roses and all could be used to make the attar but I guess they've been de-categorised for some reason. And the permanent effects of the one you can still get have rather temporary amounts of permanence.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
I'm guessing that they pruned the roses so we can't get as many: Kniles' rose and the others in Radeka's cage were originally blood roses and all could be used to make the attar but I guess they've been de-categorised for some reason. And the permanent effects of the one you can still get have rather temporary amounts of permanence.
Well if that's true, they really should take the time to somehow convey this to the player in a consistent fashion, because the differentiation between them isn't clear; one is called a blood rose described as a rare rose, while the other is a rose described as a blood rose.

And if one of them doesn't have any use whatsoever, it should be removed, and if the buff doesn't do anything, why does it even exist?

It's a mess.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Luckmann
You get one of these from Kniles the Magister in the Fort Joy basement, and I'm not sure where I got the second one from
Second rose is from Radekas cave - the only blood rose is from killing/pickpocketing Radeka herself.

Even the blood rose elixir buff you lose if you are resurrected (after death or when transitioning to different area) so the whole thing is a bit pointless as it doesn't last long.

I hope the roses are changed back to blood rose as they were before and the permanent buff fixed to be permanent. It isn't like 3 roses each giving +1 on attributes is that big a deal anyway - if you have a party of 4 it isn't even one each - and it is nice to collect things that continue to have value.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard