Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#630840 14/10/17 01:13 PM
OP Offline
My party met Sebille and in the discussion with her she was very agressive. It seems she was becoming aggitated when I asked about the scar. I have nothing against a scar on a womans face. It gives character. But she became very touchy on the subject and threatened me with a needle and we had a serious difference of opinions. She made the mistake of refusing to back off so I killed her.

It surprised me to no end, and I am now left wondering.... Is this what they mean by choices having consequences?
We haven't come very far in the game (not even inside the prison yet), and I have already killed one of my prospective future henchpersons.

Anyway. The real question here is this: Should I consider this part of a normal game playthrough?

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Sure. Maybe. Possibly. No.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, i mean, you're not forced to play with partners, so if you do whatever with them and keep on your way alone, the game will proceed normally, however you may have less quests and stuff as Sebille is also a character from the career and have her on story.

Btw, not sure if you'd consider this a spoiler or not but now that i'm in the middle of the act 3, i'd never ever consider killing her, Sebille changed and became pretty cute. lol

Ummm... Hi?
old hand
old hand
Funny that someone talks about this now, since I just ran into Sebille a bit earlier. In my 1st playthrough, I played her. This is my 2nd run, and when I ran into her, I found the encounter was kinda... I don't know, extreme?

I read a post by someone, somewhere, they said that they killed Sebille cause she "put a knife at his throat" or something like that, and that's not ok in his book.

Now I totally got what they were saying. I liked Sebille well enough in my 1st run, but she is so aggressive in your initial encounter with her that, I couldn't help getting triggered and ended up killing her too. They basically give you 3 choices: kill her, let her kill you, or ask her to join you. Personally, I would have to be in a pretty chill mood to be able to back down from such a challenge.

I suppose if you say, in real life, that's a possible situation, I would agree. But still... I took a break after killing her (instant Alt F4) and playing The Evil Within 2 right now.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 15/10/17 07:47 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
Regarding her past, her behaviour is quite understandable in my eyes.

Seems like normal action\consequence to me, I for one have learned in life that pressuring mentally unstable people with weapons about their traumatic experiences doesn't usually end well.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i do find some of the writing in this game to be inconsistent. most potential companions, even the red prince, at least remark that you came back for them in the ship. sebille just puts her knife to the throat and acts like you've never met, even if you took the time to speak to her in the ship (where she's 100% less hostile, even if you're a lizard). i don't blame her for wanting to kill stingtail, but her attitude towards you when you meet her in the fort is definitely overdone

Last edited by miaasma; 15/10/17 04:40 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard