Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W

This is turning into a piece of garbage:( I've had 20+ crashes just today alone. The fight with Gareth was just painful and took about 10 crashes just to get it finished. I'm now fighting the Radeka Witch and it's more of the same.

This seams to be particularly bad since the last patch...it's totally ruined my experience and makes me question Larian and it's Dev/QA abilities at this point.

This needs to be fixed.

apprentice
apprentice
It's not a normal problem and i doubt it's the game, as it's totally fine to me and basically, everyone else.
What's your Setup config, by the way?

Ummm... Hi?
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Nothing out of the ordinary; i5-3570k, 16 GB and a GTX-1060 6MB. I run everything else without a problem, Windows 8.1 (Skyrim, DA, Fallout, Witcher 3, etc.). It's ridiculous and totally ruined my enjoyment of the game. And it has gotten worse with the more recent patches:(

C
C
Originally Posted by waltzingandy
It's ridiculous and totally ruined my enjoyment of the game. And it has gotten worse with the more recent patches:(

It's an issue. I got the feeling it happens more frequently when reloading prepunch saves and taking it from there. All through Early Access and after release I hardly had any crashes, now I got it quite frequently.

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Originally Posted by Thasainz
It's not a normal problem and i doubt it's the game, as it's totally fine to me and basically, everyone else.
What's your Setup config, by the way?

What is the point of this reply, you are not really helping him.
Also the game being totally fine to you, does not mean it being fine for everyone else. Check the forum, you will see dozens of posts from people with similar issues.

Larian should make a forum post, make a statement that these gamebreaking issues are real and that they are working on them plus an eta on a fix. If they have no clue on how or when they can fix it, post that too, so people at least know they are working on a fix. They probably will not, because otherwhise they would have done it already.

The way they are handling these issues right now, is pretty sad and frustrating for the people spending good money on their game.

I got the same problems and sent an e-mail to support.
They also asked for computer specs and what windows you are running etcetera, wich is weird because so many people have these specific problems. The logical common denominator is their software.

Last edited by Yuri Lowell; 24/10/17 08:29 PM.
C
C
Originally Posted by Yuri Lowell

I got the same problems and sent an e-mail to support.
They also asked for computer specs and what windows you are running etcetera, wich is weird because so many people have these specific problems. The logical common denominator is their software.

I don't know about you, but for me it usually comes as a direct X error. And oftenly not in hardware straining situations but innocently venturing along or starting a conversation.

The explanation that my configuration is at fault, is a cheap one, since I have lots of games that never crash with DX errors. I didn't send mails to support since that is mostly a futile endeavour, but I configured my game to upload crash events to Larian. I guess that's more helpful than doing it on an individual level.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I have the same problem and it is getting annoying!

What to do to fix it?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Installed the game yesterday. The moment i load it up until the main menu I got a directx error.

Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
Description : Hardware device removed.

DeviceRemovedReason:
DXGI_ERROR code: 0x887A0006
Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
Description: Device hung due to badly formed commands.

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
The friend whom I play with has the same issue.
I am the owner of the campaign and he joins me.
He crashes every 30min on average. It has been the same since the first day.

Yesterday, I asked him to update his graphic drivers. We will see if it helps or not.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard