Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
I didn't notice until I started reading some messages of people sporting gear with 3 sockets that those have been removed from my game.

It is quite ridiculous that players that advanced the game more quickly ended up with better versions of the same gear because they got it before the patch landed.

I do not want this, how can I revert to the previous patch?
Alternatively can someone do a mod to fix this?

Last edited by RandomTobias; 15/10/17 03:35 PM.
R
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
Removing the 3 latest files in the game folder seem to restore the game before all the nerfing happened.

There is probably some state in my save preventing me access to certain things though.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
The game is already easy enough as is, you won't have any trouble because of that.

"It is quite ridiculous that players that advanced the game more quickly ended up with better versions of the same gear because they got it before the patch landed."

This is a non argument, the game will continue to be balanced for obvious reasons, besides, if you want to cheat an extra socket on all of your items, do it, no one will judge you. But that is absolutely no reason to stop patching and balancing the game.

Also, keep in mind that this is not a competitive game. There is no advantage for the player who had a less balanced version to play, if anything they had less fun with it.

As for mods, there are plenty on the workshop that fill that criteria. Crafting Overhaul specifically should actually create a much better version than what you're expecting, but you'll have to get to know crafting.

Last edited by NeoAnubis; 15/10/17 04:06 PM.
R
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
I don't want it on all items, just the unique ones. That actually makes them useful, and they were the reason why I was using unique items back in act 1.

As for mods, there are plenty on the workshop that fill that criteria. Crafting Overhaul specifically should actually create a much better version than what you're expecting, but you'll have to get to know crafting.

No existing mod fixes this. I am not interested in overhauls, just restoring lost functionality.
The game was just plain better before that change.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
It was a balance fix, balance will happen to the game and the vast majority of players will support continued balancing. Expect to see a lot more changes to both runes and sockets, especially on neckalces, since they trivialise crits.

As I said before, If you want to cheat to add sockets, do so. You don't even need a mod to do it.

If the problem is that you don't know how to: use cheat engine, or edit your game's files, there are plenty of ways, some easy, some not so much. Cheat engine is probably the easiest way unless a mod exists on the workshop to do what you want specifically.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard