Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Here are some bugs I have encountered with the GM Mode since the last patch.
All Campaigns were played without mods and using the Steam Version.

Syncing after Host disconnect.
There seems to be a major network issue when syncing with Steam after the host disconnects. Might be connected with QuickSave after Host dcs. Whenever I host a game and I notice that I disconnected I quicksave. Afterwards I have to restart the game. There I noticed Steam syncing with 30-40 kb/s ( I have a 100 mbit connection). - Was able to reproduce happends every time host disconnects-

If you try and restart the server right away all the players can reconnect but sometimes the Party Managment gets bugged. Although all players are connected and have different characters assigned than before the disconnect you cannot resign the Players to their Characters with the Party Managment. As soon as you resign the orginal Character to the according Player you get a "At least one Player has no Characters assigned". At the end the Players had to continue the adventure with the Characters assigned after they reconnected. - I was not able to repoduce the bug, happends quite often.

If GM is possessing an NPC and a Player leaves on his turn in Combat, GM is not able to leave the NPC for a couple of minutes. If you jump into Party Management the Character of the Player who left doesen't show up. After GM leaves the possessed NPC he cannot possess the abandoned Character and the game is stuck in that round. Work around: Deactivate the Character of the Player who left. If the Character has active summonds (Pets and Totems) they have to be killed manually only then the round ends and the Character is removed from Combat Queue. - The bug could be reproduced 3 out of 4 times.

Last edited by Fandarin; 16/10/17 05:49 PM.

Game Master from the heart hehe
Originally Posted by Fandarin

There I noticed Steam syncing with 30-40 kb/s ( I have a 100 mbit connection).

can you see if "Direct Connect" option is on after quick save? because Steam gives a really low speed fro filesync - that's why we encourage people to use direct connect and use steam only as a fallback when playing GM mode

Last edited by Seter; 18/10/17 04:02 PM.

Rocks fall, everyone dies
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Yes , the Direct Connect option was always on when I host a GM Game and it is on after QuickSave.

That beeing said I am abit confused with direct connect. When I host a server and random people connect to my lobby, are they coming from steam? Do I have to post the IP and tell them to reconnect through the IP? If so, it makes life a bit complicated since I can copy the IP to clipboard but not paste it into Lobby Chat. So I have to paste it on notepad and then manually type it into Lobby Chat.

Last edited by Fandarin; 18/10/17 09:37 PM.

If you have Direct Connect option on - everyone who will connect to you with either steam or gog server browser - will try to connect you directly with help of our servers and avoiding slow steam relay. Depending on your network settings (NAT type for example, port forwarding) connection may be successful or not - if it is not steam will use matchmaking system you have - so it will fallback to steam or gog. There is significant difference in speed between direct connect and Steam. If you have 54 kb/s - it means that you fall back to steam due to inability to connect with stated client.

In case you want someone from gog to connect your steam version the only way is direct connect. Since steam and gog do not have shared infrastructure its impossible to connect you via matchmaking system. For that you will need to manually give a direct connect ID to a person who wants to join you. There is small button near the option in Connectivity Menu allowing you to copy in your clipboard. Sadly - you right and you can't paste in Chat UI. Thats we aware - sorry for inconvenience

Rocks fall, everyone dies
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thank you for the explanation.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard