Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1147588962
Hi yall! I've been baking this mod for a month now and I would really appriciate feedback. It's a Necromancer Class mod which allows player to have 2 types of summons. Big bulky golems and lesser skeletons. Skeletons are scripted totemish summons which can be controlled(or not, I've recently added a way to choose between direct or Ai control).

journeyman
journeyman
Hey

How do you make totems controlled by player ?

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
[quote=Volsungh]Hey

How do you make totems controlled by player ? [/quote]
It's a combination of char scripts And story scripts. char script takes care of applying a status which servers as an event for the Story to make the skels a companion of Its owner. (CharacterMakeCompanion()). You can check how Its Done in in the Story files And charscripts(Necro_Summons.charscript).

enthusiast
enthusiast
- Balance smile

When i read "you can have as many [summons] as you want".. would i download it? Some would i guess, sure, but mods that literally break the game, what with balance going out the window, not most people's thing. So that's one.

- Start small or at the least compartmentalize?

A 'summon skeleton' skill, just one, assuming it scales only with necromancer ability and not with int (and assuming no double-dipping or other OP stuff) is a welcome addition; can't understand why they left this out.. major disappointment, lol

Or perhaps a 'shout' that once every day (think rarely/loooong CD) allows you to use the "Summon Bloated Corpse" skill without a corpse nearby?

- Start conservatively ^^

The game has a million different abilities as it is; unnecessarily bloating it further is almost by definition a bad thing to do.

p.s. not the kind of feedback you expected, i know; feel free to discard it smile

Last edited by Aenra; 20/10/17 01:16 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Good job, I think it's really neat how you added the ability to 'take control' of your summons! I just added the same thing for my mod, but not skeleton/necro themed!

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
[quote=Aenra]- [i]Balance[/i] :)

When i read "you can have as many [summons] as you want".. would i download it? Some would i guess, sure, but mods that literally break the game, what with balance going out the window, not most people's thing. So that's one.

- [i]Start small or at the least compartmentalize[/i]?

A 'summon skeleton' skill, [i]just one[/i], assuming it scales only with necromancer ability and not with int (and assuming no double-dipping or other OP stuff) is a welcome addition; can't understand why they left this out.. major disappointment, lol

Or perhaps a 'shout' that once every day (think rarely/loooong CD) allows you to use the "Summon Bloated Corpse" skill without a corpse nearby?

- [i]Start conservatively[/i] ^^

The game has a million different abilities as it is; [i]unnecessarily[/i] bloating it further is almost by definition a bad thing to do.

p.s. not the kind of feedback you expected, i know; feel free to discard it :) [/quote]

I might agree that "as many as you want" seems to look broken but you must take into an account that there are lots of limitations to them. They have set duration. They can't be summoned from nothing. The have cds.
I will nerf the corpse summon by increasing sp or decrease the the amount of corpses from 2 to 1 in the next patch. The spell is not intended to break the game. The necromancer as it is is really weak at the start of every fight which doesn't have intact corpses around. So I made a spell which allows player to prepare for a fight.
All summons scale from summoning there is no int involved for the reason of having non int based summoners.
Giving them necromancer scaling would be broken simply from the fact that it increases life steal. So I made a compromise that to learn those skills you need Necromancy but if you want them to be stronger you need to put some points into summoning. Logically it makes sense to me.

There are never too many skills. Mods are a tool which allows us to add things to games that we think should be there. As for me I always liked necromancers and divinity didn't have the necromancer fantasy I was looking for. (even though some npcs have that fantasy). So I made exactly what I wanted, A commander of the dead style necromancer.

^don't take this as bashing your feedback. I just wanted to walk you through why some things are done as they are.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard