Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Why? How does this affect anyone else's playing experience. It's not a competitive game or an MMO. There are cheat mods all over the internet to give unlimited exp, loot, increase party size................

I'm loving Lone Wolf, I tried returning this game before I even knew Lone Wolf existed. STEAM refused my request because I had played for 5 hours. I went back online to see if I could play alone, and I was pumped to see I could as LW. From there I started off as a duo but quickly abandoned that and went straight solo. I prefer a single-player RPG experience, I hated micro-managing 2/4 chars. Lone Wolf has given me that.

I'm not sure what the issue is, can someone enlighten me plz? I'm having a hard enough time on some encounters without a dedicated healer, if LW is reduced in power I will either stop playing or I'll be starting my STEAM in offline mode until I complete the game if this goes thru.

Last edited by Elendril; 20/10/17 04:32 PM.
Joined: Sep 2017
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2017
I want to be angry about things without having a shred of evidence to support myself with too!


Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Not sure if angry is the right word, just dumbfounded as to why this would even be a rumor. I have seen several posts here and on Reddit. Just making my voice heard in case it is in consideration.

Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
This is the first I've heard, other than a few people saying it should be a thing. But some people have called for everything to be nerfed. Apparently turning on the computer should be nerfed. Which is a bit much since I find even getting up in the morning has been nerfed so I don't see why everything else should be (actually it's staying in bed that's the problem: I'm lucky if I can stay there beyond 6am without getting too wriggly).

When it comes to anger, potatoes make me angry. Having to de-eye them and then boil them for 20 minutes. What's that all about?


J'aime le fromage.
Joined: Oct 2016
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Oct 2016
You are basically saying game devs' balance patches are useless for single player games, and that op stuff should be kept, they went through that entire EA process to balance/nerf OP things, just that sadly lone wolf wasn't in the EA.

If a single lone wolf character is stronger than a party of 4, then there are issues, because why bother use the companions, they spent a lot of effort writing the stories for each of the companions and interactions between companions.

Lone wolf experience is meant to be played with 2 characters, not one, so if you find encounters hard then it's normal, I don't understand why you want the the game to be easy for yourself only, if you want that you can always tune down the game difficulty.

So yea, I'm looking forward to a nerf, if they actually have one planned.

Joined: Sep 2017
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Elendril
Not sure if angry is the right word, just dumbfounded as to why this would even be a rumor. I have seen several posts here and on Reddit. Just making my voice heard in case it is in consideration.


You should put less stock into rumours. Consumer opinion != developer roadmap.

Originally Posted by vometia
...
When it comes to anger, potatoes make me angry. Having to de-eye them and then boil them for 20 minutes. What's that all about?


Just give up on them or go for the tiny ones that you only need to brush. It's all carbs anyway.


Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Originally Posted by sfzrx
You are basically saying game devs' balance patches are useless for single player games, and that op stuff should be kept, they went through that entire EA process to balance/nerf OP things, just that sadly lone wolf wasn't in the EA.

If a single lone wolf character is stronger than a party of 4, then there are issues, because why bother use the companions, they spent a lot of effort writing the stories for each of the companions and interactions between companions.

Lone wolf experience is meant to be played with 2 characters, not one, so if you find encounters hard then it's normal, I don't understand why you want the the game to be easy for yourself only, if you want that you can always tune down the game difficulty.

So yea, I'm looking forward to a nerf, if they actually have one planned.


I don't want the game to be easy, its perfect for me as is. There are mods out there increasing/decreasing stats, increasing/decreasing exp, free legendary weps, etc. Not sure why people are complaining about LW, if you don't like it, don't play it. Problem solved.

If anything I think LW is more tactical then having a dedicated healer off to the side topping everyone off every turn. I need at least 3-4, sometimes more shots at most boss encounters, it would be easier if I did have a full party.

I think the best thing about this game is the freedom and flexibility to play it how you want, at least that is what a lot of the reviewers are saying. And I agree. I want to play as a solo Dark Elf Ranger, ala Drizzt. My char has silver white hair and purple skin.

I'll just keep my STEAM client in offline mode.

Last edited by Elendril; 20/10/17 05:43 PM.
Joined: Oct 2016
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Oct 2016
The difficulty is perfect for you as it is but it's easy for everyone else, if they nerf lone wolf then you tune down the difficulty I don't see any issue, or are you obsessed with playing on the "highest difficulty" when it's not actually hard?

People are complaining because they think it's too easy and they want more challenge, simple as that.

Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
So, to your point - they can up the difficulty? And if you're not even playing LW why the hell do you even care?

Joined: Oct 2016
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Oct 2016
Up the difficulty through what? Mods? A good game shouldn't need mods to fix the difficulty, and people care because they are playing lone wolf and find it too easy even on tactician, thanks to the crazy stat scaling of lone wolf.

You are basically complaining about potential nerfs because you don't want the game to be hard for yourself only, my point is that you should stop complaining and get better at the game, or settle with lower difficulty if potential nerf hits.

And I am playing lone wolf solo tactician so I care.

Last edited by sfzrx; 20/10/17 06:09 PM.
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
You told me to adjust the difficulty if needed. Why is that okay for me, but not others? And you are basically arguing with me about potential nerfs. Anything you type to me can easily be flipped around on you. Irony.

Last edited by Elendril; 20/10/17 06:16 PM.
Joined: Oct 2016
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Oct 2016
You use game settings to lower difficulty and others use mods to raise difficulty, which one is easier tell me? And which one is better for the long term health of the game? I rarely hear a gamer want a game to be easy for them but you seem like one of those people and you want it to be easy for everyone else too apparently. I'll argue with you later if what I said still isn't enough.

Joined: Sep 2017
O
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
O
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by sfzrx
too easy even on tactician


Just curious, when does it get easy on LW? Like A2 I assume?

I tried a LW run on tactician(2 ppl) to try the summoner hype and I really didn't understand what it was all about. Seemed like the only thing you could really do in A1 was bait enemies into coming back to town to get everyone to help on a fight or just keep running while you whittle down 1 guy, because there was no way you could take a group by yourself.. so I quit. Never got the point of that game mode, just seemed like a giant chore or tedious job.

Edit: I'm guessing once you flesh out a build it's something like retribution necromancy on a melee or summoner guy, I can't see any other more efficient options. I imagine you can't die ever after a certain point.

Joined: Oct 2016
S
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
S
Joined: Oct 2016
Yea In act 2 I'll explain later when I'm home.

Last edited by sfzrx; 20/10/17 06:34 PM.
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
As usual, my suggestion is to nerf it on the tactician setting (if that's what tactician players genuinely want, but that's another matter) and to leave it alone for the others. I'm not a tactical thinker and will happily admit to bumbling about and getting pwned on explorer so I'd be grateful if that was left alone, as I expect would a lot of gamers who don't necessarily think strategically (and just to nip it in the bud, let's not make this into a sort of ersatz IQ test).


J'aime le fromage.
Joined: Sep 2017
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2017
The thing that bothers me the most about all these calls to nerf Lone Wolf is the fact that it's power has nothing to do with how the trait itself is set up (+2 AP, +1 Attribute/Combat Skill per level, +30% Survivability), it has to do with the game's scaling issues and busted character development; the powerful system exploits like very early Summoning 10 are far and few between.


The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
Joined: Sep 2017
F
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
F
Joined: Sep 2017
Lone Wolf is far superior to any other talent (even considering the loss of party members) and I would have no problem with it being nerfed.

Last edited by frogl5; 20/10/17 08:50 PM.
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
What part of "I don't want the game to be easier, I like it how it is" do you not get?

Joined: Oct 2017
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2017
Well then you shouldn't have to worry, cause nerfing things shouldn't make the game easier, right?

EDIT: Unless they're nerfing enemies, of course.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 20/10/17 09:27 PM. Reason: formatting

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
Joined: Sep 2017
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Well then you shouldn't have to worry, cause nerfing things shouldn't make the game easier, right?

EDIT: Unless they're nerfing enemies, of course.


They already nerfed enemies once, and we all saw how that turned out. At least the word around town is that the EXP isn't actually meant to be 0, just a reduced value; hopefully there's signs of life for another patch soon.


The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5