Next Thread
Print Thread
#632928 22/10/17 09:28 PM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
After the battle between Act1 and Act2 on the ship, Maladay is missing so I cant go forward.

I've redone the battle a few times, no luck. Other runs she was there, and other runs she wasn't there, but I redid the battle and she appeared.

I guess this is similar to the Tarquin bug I am reading about.

I do have some mods, but reading other posts it suggests mods don't matter, the bug still exists.

Are you guys working on this problem? I literally cant play the game now... pretty dern frustrated.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I would really appreciate some response. 'We are aware of this problem and will have a fix soon.' Would be great. Someone else saying they have this problem would be helpful as well. No reply feels bad.

old hand
old hand
By "after the battle", you mean after she finishes her spell and teleports the ship to the Hall of Echoes? And by "was/wasn't there" are you talking about her showing up in the Hall of Echoes? You also said that you reloaded and she did appear, right? Then... you can just progress normally, no?

Someone did report that Malady was missing in their game at this part because they teleported her onto Dallis' ship during the fight. I'd wager that there is something that caused this issue in your game, and it can be prevented. Generally it's best to not touch her, except maybe healing or fortifying her.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Thanks for the reply.

By 'after the battle' yes I mean after she finishes the spell, after you go to the Hall of Echoes, then you must go down in the ship's hull where Alexander was and you talk to her to progress forward. She isn't there in the jail cell.

I was saying she was there after a reload in a prior game I started. I had the bug on my last play, she wasn't there, I redid the battle, and then she was there. On my current playthough I've redone the battle 3 times and each time she isn't there... suggesting to me its a luck/random factor that the bug hits.

I did absolutely nothing to Malady prior or during the fight. Sometimes I cast fortify on her to help but I didn't even doing that.

Last edited by erklimir; 24/10/17 02:05 AM.
old hand
old hand
I don't know if you have progressed past this point right now, but at least what you could do to make it somewhat less unpleasant is to save the game as late as you can in the fight, before Malady's last turn. At least you wouldn't have to redo the whole fight.

This is probably a rare bug - no pun intended - even though it seems random in your case. Considering how gamebreaking it is, if it were common there would've been a whole of reports of it and it would've been fixed by now. Hopefully someone will look into the code or something and figure out what the deal is.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 24/10/17 03:10 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard