Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#633261 24/10/17 02:13 PM
Jacoda Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I had heard from someone in the discord that larian had mentioned they were working on a tool to make it easier for modders to get custom assets into the game? Just wanted to see if it was true as im having a great amount of trouble getting anything into the gr2 game format without things going.. weird.

Jacoda #633268 24/10/17 02:31 PM
addict
addict
We use exporters internally that plugin to for example Maya (2015) and export to granny. We intend to make these public smile Sorry for the delay on those, I hope to get an update on the availability of those for you guys soon.

In the meantime I've already asked to update some related wiki pages. Our 3d artists are working on f.e. the Character and Item pages (work in progress) to provide some insight on the different required aspects of models and also provide some example files. smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 24/10/17 02:32 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
Jacoda Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the quick response, really glad to know this is a struggle people are having and are already working on a solution. Hope to hear more about it in the future so I can continue on my project

Making a mimic using already made assets mashed together then making a custom rig and animation set.
https://i.imgur.com/emXclpL.gifv

Jacoda #633279 24/10/17 02:48 PM
old hand
old hand
This is great, I would love to see this make it in game! smile

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Jacoda #633281 24/10/17 02:50 PM
addict
addict
Aahhhh the Mimic aargh
Now I won't be able to open any of my closets for 2 weeks out of fear.

Very cool though! Can't wait to see the in-game result smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
Jacoda #633305 24/10/17 04:26 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jacoda

Making a mimic using already made assets mashed together then making a custom rig and animation set.
https://i.imgur.com/emXclpL.gifv

WAAHH. really cool though. Happy to hear about the exporters. If animated custom items is really possible soon i am very excited. Although i dont know how to donproper 3d animations. hopefully skilled modders will jump on the DOS2 train .

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard