Print Thread
#633374 24/10/17 11:17 PM
C
Chumble Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
There are many SoundResource's that do not play in the "Play Sound" box of the editor. Is there some trick to getting these to work? If I add the SoundRecource to a MusicVolumeTrigger and walk into it, it seems to work fine.

There's a few SoundRecources that DO play in the editor, but most do not.

One that plays: Idan_Presentation_Music
One that doesn't play: Explo_Theme_11_Dark

C
Chumble Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
If no one has a solution to this, can someone at least confirm if this happens to them or not?

old hand
old hand
It's been a while since I have tried, but yes, many of the sounds did not preview correctly last time I tried. I'm pretty sure Larian knows about it.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
I've noticed that in the _Merged.lsf containing all the music.bnk entries, some are Preload=True and some are Preload=False. I wonder if these are the same that plays or not in previews.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Sound effects have this issue as well.

Since all of the sound related assets have .txt and .lsx (i.e. XLS) file entries I would think it indeed be related to something in those files (either the files that don't preview correctly are not listed in the appropriate txt/lsx list or they have a different entry as Composer suggests for Preload - which does by it's very name sound as though it could be the issue)

I would suggest finding a file that DOESN'T play and researching it in \Public\Shared\Assets\Sound\ from the shared.pak file

Notepad++ has a powerful find feature that will check multiple files and subdirectories for you.

EDIT - I decided to poke around myself just to see. Ifan_Presentation_Music (not Idan lol that threw my searches off until I spotted it) is set to Preload=False in the editor. So does Explo_Theme_11_Dark. I guess that throws that theory out.

Both are listed in \Public\Shared\Assets\Sound\music.txt
Ifan_Presentation_Music has a duration of 48.633335 and Attenuation of -1
Explo_Theme_11_Dark has a duration of 0.000000 and Attenuation of 0.000000

So perhaps that is the issue.

veteran
veteran
Issue is that audio is largely still locked...

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard