Next Thread
Print Thread
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Hi.

Me and my friends have managed to play my GM campaign once in the last four tries. When we tried to continue our first successful session yesterday, the saved game, it failed on us again.

Hopefully patch 4 will take care of it, but as I have had so many different problems running my DM campaign I do not count on anything.

In short, this is what I encounter:

1. We have 9 mods. The players have downloaded them from Steam and we even put them in same load order.

2. We have cleaned up the mods documents folder to be synced there too.

3. Last week my prepared campaign worked for the first time. Yesterday we couldn't get the save to work.

4. We have had all kinds of issues, from not even getting in to the campaign - to getting in with bugs.

5. Yesterday, when we got in, we couldnt get in to one scene, but to another.

6. But when the players where there. Some couldn't use some skills (were greyed out). Weapons were also showing up differently for the players.

For instance, one players two handed sword had turned into a one handed (for me it was all still correct though). A mace was a shield, and so on.

When I created a new weapon in GM mode it showed up as some other weapon to the players.

That's where we ended last night. I have seen one post about this problem, from september, with no answer.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi!
Can you please send me your campaign in PM? With a list of mods you guys were using?

We will investigate issues you have

Rocks fall, everyone dies
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Are you using my mod GM Toolkit - Larger Scenes and More Objects?

Because exactly this kind of issue was reported to me weeks ago:

For instance, one players two handed sword had turned into a one handed (for me it was all still correct though). A mace was a shield, and so on.

It turned out even though the players all had my mod not everyone had the exact same version... though they thought they did (I was updating it very frequently and changing the mod name each time to include the version number - which resulted in Steam thinking this was a new mod each time and littering up their mods folders)

The solution was to clear BOTH these folders

Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\Mods

and

Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\Local Mods

After that the GM made sure everyone had the exact same version of the mod and then the problem went away for them.

Even if you are not using my specific mod you may want to backup the mods in those folders and then clear the folders and re-subscribe / re-download whatever mods and have your players do the same insuring that everyone has exactly the same copies of everything.

Even if you cleaned up the mods folder do also check the local mods folder.

EDIT - from another thread as well:
I tried many different stuff. What worked in the end is sending the mod files from me to all my players, after I unsubscribed from all.

Last edited by JRavens; 25/10/17 08:30 PM.
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Brilliant @JRavens! Thank you so much. I haven't found any one posting about this since once in september (with no answer). Was beginning to think I was slightly deranged.

Yes, I use your brilliant mod. And I didn't clear local mods.

(By the way, thank you for making GM mode live up to its full potential. Your, and the other dedicated modders, work makes all the difference.)

Yea, we did clear and re-subscribe as you describe before last session when we got it to work. I guess we felt it was crazy to have to do it before each session over and over - so I didn't see that as the problem here.

But patch 4 will correct this, if I understand it correctly.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
First of all, thank you JRavens for the help and great mods you are doing!! I love them
chazzreinholdt Sorry, I read your message but I didn't write anything because Seter asked you to enter some data and didn't want to "dirty" the post with the same problem. What I did do was send Seter the information he asked for from my case (he has answered that he is looking to it), which is the same as yours. I'm sure more than one person has the same problem.
I was already suspecting that the problem had to do with the different versions each user could have but I had no idea that Local Mods had to be deleted as well. Thank you! Thank you!!
Now I'm running the test and let's hope this works.
Pls keep us with any news about this.
Greetings

Last edited by Salva; 26/10/17 04:31 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
It probably is wise to also clean up your projects folder if you are using mods of your own creation as I just noticed the game also recognises even unpublished projects as a valid mod.
(and that explains some issues we had during our latest GM Mode session.)

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
@Salva: I will keep you posted here. As soon as I can test it I will try now that patch is out. If it still doesnt work, Seter has my savegame and will check.

@Redunz: Do I have to publish my own mod from the Editor? And do so every time I add something in it in the Editor?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Hi Redunzgofasta, where does the projects folder is? could you especify where they are stored pl?
Thanks

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
It is in
C:/Program files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Divinity2/Data

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by chazzreinholdt

@Redunz: Do I have to publish my own mod from the Editor? And do so every time I add something in it in the Editor?

Yes, you do, but only if you want to use it.

At least I think so, but now I have seen the game having an unpublished project of mine avaialble as a mod, I am not so sure anymore.
You will want to though so you can share your mod either through the workshop, nexus or some other means to your players to avoid them having to download it from you when connecting to your game.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Ok first test:
Made a test and my game shuts down and got this message:
https://www.screencast.com/t/TFke39ZwJn
Then when triying to load the main campaing i got this one:
https://www.screencast.com/t/oSBQX5jh
And the game crashed

Also i use the Arx map from the "GM Campaing Maps-Arx, Fort Joy etc mod" and mess around with it and the game suddenly closed and when i reload the campaing every time i try to enter that map the game close. frown

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Is there a way to remove a mod from a campaing or saved game? so that if you use one that spoils your game you can simply remove it so you don't lose it (your game or campaing) completely.

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
@Redunz: Thanks mate! I see there is an option to publish to Steam and only to your friends there. As I am only friends on Steam with my 3 players, then that seems to be a good option for my own mod then.

@Salva: Me too got an error message like that yesterday, but for the mod "Armor Based Saving Throws". But, when I tried again that error didn't show up, and everything seemed to work (at least when I went in as a player in my own mod as Debug Client.). Tonight I will try to get my players to try.

@Seter: See above. I have high hopes it will all work out from now - but at the samt time, I have had high hopes before;)

Originally Posted by Salva
Ok first test:
Made a test and my game shuts down and got this message:
https://www.screencast.com/t/TFke39ZwJn
Then when triying to load the main campaing i got this one:
https://www.screencast.com/t/oSBQX5jh
And the game crashed

Also i use the Arx map from the "GM Campaing Maps-Arx, Fort Joy etc mod" and mess around with it and the game suddenly closed and when i reload the campaing every time i try to enter that map the game close. frown

can you please tell more? You subscribed for that campaign and game crashes when on launch? Can you describe process a bit?

We have reports of some mods not working across the game. We investigating in the moment

Rocks fall, everyone dies
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Hi Seter, i have already gave you more details in PM.
Please tell me if there is any need of more info i will be glad to provide.
Thank you very much

PD:For the ppl interested:
It seems that creating two scenes with the Arx map of the adon "GM Campaign Maps - Arx, Fort Joy, Reapers Coast (Driftwood) Nameless Island" make the game crash if you try to load that map after creating two of them.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Ok looks like the issue with the Arx map is resolved Thanks you very much!!!!
Later gonna try to replicate the first issue and will post the result.
Hope it is also resolved!!!
Thanks again

Last edited by Salva; 27/10/17 10:25 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Got a new issue when trying to acces the details of an NPC frown
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B20TA5V5g4S-Z3U1Z3dtUy1JSlU/view?usp=sharing

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Hi everyone.

@Seter and Radunz:

It seems my saved game is now ok. I published my own mod locally and e-mailed it to my players.

When they removed my old own mod in their mods folder, and replaced it with the one I e-mailed, everything worked.

I also clicked all mods in the new "Load game-cog wheel".

smile

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard