Hi Larian smile

I know this "bug" is kinda peculiar, but hoping you are willing / able to address it.

IF
In my mod if I add an item to the GM Pallette which is taller than... approx 4 units I believe.
AND
That object has walk on set to true, but no AI block (so characters can walk onto it)
AND
A character and an object are on that object at the same "elevation" (visually anyway)
THEN
The character cannot interact with the other object. It states "Cannot Reach".

The game becomes confused because it is adhering to the existing AI grid that was generated on the level... which is FINE, BUT it is not applying that behavior to both the object and the character/player so it thinks the object is at the AI grid level and the character is too far away (too high) to reach the object.

A use example is I added the Wooden Platforms which are 5H and 10H. The GM places these in his game and puts a crate on them. The players can no longer access the crate.

I realize this seems rather specific and the solution is to create the levels ahead of time in the editor, but I'm trying to offer GMs the ability to use objects straight away in GM mode where possible.

The larger issue is going to be custom created content. No one can create a bridge, tower, ledge, balcony, castle or any other item which is 5H or taller and use it as a GM Mode placeable scenery without this "bug". It could ONLY be used in the editor.

There may also be other future unintended consequences down the road. An example might be say skills that move a player to a height (flying, standing on a pillar of stone or ice and so on). Characters moved to any height above 4 will be unable to interact with other items even if standing next to them. I don't think we can think of every scenario where this might come into play hence I feel it's a "bug" - just not one normally encountered since GM mode lacks placeable objects that change a characters height (I wonder if it could be replicated by stacking crates or tables using default assets...)

I guess I'm asking if the game can do a better comparison of the XYZ of the object when determining if it is unreachable.

Thanks for reading and your consideration smile

Last edited by JRavens; 26/10/17 04:56 PM.