Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Playing with a Summoner build. Got a few questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1) Can summoned companions make a critical hit?

2) If yes, Does the casters critical chance and critical multiplier affect the summoned creature?

3) will buffs cast on the summons such as clear-minded help with the critical chance?

old hand
old hand
1) Yes,
2) I don't think so,
3) and Yes, they should

It's not too hard to test the 2nd one. Summon your minion and let they attack you, say, 10 times, or 20. You can get a rough idea what their crit chance is. Then compare the damage of a normal hit and that of a crit, see what the multiplier is. You can cast Enrage on the minion to ensure they will crit.

Your minions have their own Wits score and skill ranks, so I believe their crit chance is what their Wits gives them, and without any rank in Scoundrel, they shouldn't have a crit multiplier bonus, either. You can right-click then examine them and see for yourself. My Incarnate and Bone Widow both have 16 Wits so I think their crit chance is 6%.

Go ahead and cast Peace of Mind on them, then examine them. Their damage does go up thanks to the stat bonuses, so I'd say they also get the extra crit chance from Wits.

EDIT: I have Sebille cast Bone Widow and its crit multiplier is at the default 150%. So no, they don't get any crit multiplier bonus from you.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 27/10/17 03:09 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard