Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi,

I can't seem to find a way to edit the experience granted by killing an enemy in the GM mode. My players were introduced to a level 1 troll at the start and instantly gained enough experience to level. Is there no way to edit this in the GM mode?

I imagine this is do-able in the editor, but creating a new mob for each level I want that creature at seems lackluster.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi again,

I still haven't found a method to avoid the level up from killing the level 1 troll. The players gain 2600XP, which my guess is the base experience for the troll mob. I've looked into disabling experience for a manual leveling method. However, there is no such feature and the only mods in the workshop are reduction to 50% and 25%. The creator is not taking requests as well. Does anyone have suggestions?

journeyman
journeyman
Your best bet is to manually reduce their level back to 1 after defeating the troll and then manually giving them whatever XP you think is appropriate.

Custom GM Mode Levels Mod Add-On (Steam)(Nexus)
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
So there are a few trolls throughout the first segment of my intro into the story line. I could reduce their level after each encounter, but I feel like there is something to be said about seeing that "ding!" and then have it taken from you a few times over.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Your only other option right now is to make a custom troll in the editor and use it in your campaign as an add-on.

This is definitely one of those quality of life fixes that would be great to have and I can't imagine that exposing the XP earned variable to the GM stat editor would be that difficult.

One of the devs would simply need to add a UI input field into the GM monster editor pane and pop the "xp earned" var in there. I don't think Larian is crazy enough to hardcode XP earned values so unless the var is set to private for some crazy reason... This should be a relatively simple feature addition.

That said, I don't have any special insight into the DoS2 class architecture- I'm just making assumptions based on common/standard NPC implementations.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
So I ran my campaign with friends again last night. I explained that we were going to try and un-level after each troll. I ran into two different bugs(?) last night.

1) After a character levels and the GM 'un-levels' them, the character still retain stat points to spend. This was extremely demoralizing for players and tedious to me. They weren't allowed to spend their free points and/or I had to subtract the stats the had already applied.

2) A mob that dies and is resurrected ( either in game or in preparation ) does not give experience when being defeated. This actually gives me a way to cancel the trolls experience given. However, I still believe this may be a bug and wanted to report it.

For now I'll be using the 2nd listed issue to do a manual leveling system.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
There really needs to be an option to disable leveling by xp. I almost never level by xp when running d&d. It's too easy to blow through lower level content.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by WMC51
There really needs to be an option to disable leveling by xp. I almost never level by xp when running d&d. It's too easy to blow through lower level content.

I second this. I absolutely need GM controlled leveling, at least for the first few levels.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Yes, this is something I can't understand what were they thinking?. Just hope they won't forget about the GM mode and fix at least simplest issues.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Personally I am not to worried by this as I like my players to level rather quickly at the start of a campaign, but something like a XP-Slider (scaling XP from 1 to 100% ?) as NwN did have would be nice to have indeed.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard