Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hey,

can't find any thread about this, so maybe other people don't have this problem (?)
For two days now (latest patch maybe), all daggers at all traders do not roll the 'Critical Chance' attribute. I'm pretty sure that's not just bad luck, because I also use the trader refresh mod and even after refreshing the traders over and over for half an hour, all offered daggers are missing the crit chance roll. All other weapon types are fine and still can roll crit chance.
Also tried an old safe file (first playthrough) without the mod (to make sure it's not mod related), still no crit roll on daggers :(

I checked the latest patch notes to make sure that removing crit chance from daggers is not intentional... did not find anything reguarding daggers...

Can't play a rogue char at the moment cause I would suffer a 20% crit chance loss :(

Any ideas? Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks

D
stranger
stranger
D
I too ran into this problem today, can't find a single dagger with any +crit and have unfortunately swapped my rogue to a ranger, as losing 20% crit is pretty gamebreaking for a class. It's odd because I don't think I had this problem a few days ago, hopefully it's not an intended change either.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Don't you get a 100% crit chance if you backstab anyway? I'm sure you do.

I'm playing rogue now and mine have 265% crit damage multiplier (level 17 atm). I always get a crit backstabbing if I don't miss so accuracy is more important (use a venom rune).

Why would you want extra crit chance on a dagger? It would be a waste unless you were using daggers for a frontal attack which would be an odd choice as dual wielding sword would probably be a better choice.

What annoys me in this patch is lots of daggers have +1 single handed which is stupid.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Ah wasn't aware that backstab was a 100% crit chance, thanks.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hmm... but crit chance on weapons also affects spell crit chance (with savage sortilege)... so rogues that use magic still suffer a damage loss :(

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Hans Olo
Hmm... but crit chance on weapons also affects spell crit chance (with savage sortilege)... so rogues that use magic still suffer a damage loss frown
That would only apply if you made a rogue (points in FIN doing physical damage) that wanted to do magical damage using Fireball or something (requiring points in INT).

That would be a terrible build.

Rogues do physical damage. Even the rogue skills that do magical damage are mostly not that useful. You should put points in scoundrel to boost movement and perhaps a few in warfare/huntsman for the skills in those trees that also backstab with guaranteed crit (battlestomp, crippling blow) or are useful (tactical retreat).

All of your attributes should go in FIN with minimum MEM and perhaps enough WIT to go first.

There is no synergy at all between FIN and INT and having savage sortilege on a rogue would be waste of a talent. Better to put it in duck duck goose or executioner.

If you want a hybrid physical/magic character then ranger or (better) STR/INT battlemage would be a better bet than a magi-rogue.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Thanks for replying, but...

1) the initial question still stands: bug or intentional change? (still can't find any official confirmation)

2) if intentional, that would be a bad decision IMO for two reasons: build diversity and role playing. As for role playing, I think geomancy (especially the poison/venom skills) fits perfectly for any rogue/assassin character, even more if this charachter is an undead. As for build diversity, removing crit chance from daggers would make crit builds less viable, therefore reducing the overall amount of viable builds (a major selling point for this great game). Reguarding my example of a poison rogue, not many points in INT/Geomancy would be required since the amount of damage/healing from poison skills would be significantly increased by crits.

As for now and until proven otherwise, I'll assume this to be a bug and hope this will be fixed soon :)

Thanks again...

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by lx07
Don't you get a 100% crit chance if you backstab anyway? I'm sure you do.

I'm playing rogue now and mine have 265% crit damage multiplier (level 17 atm). I always get a crit backstabbing if I don't miss so accuracy is more important (use a venom rune).

Why would you want extra crit chance on a dagger? It would be a waste unless you were using daggers for a frontal attack which would be an odd choice as dual wielding sword would probably be a better choice.

What annoys me in this patch is lots of daggers have +1 single handed which is stupid.

because you aren't always IN a position to backstab, and that crit chance applies to ALL your skills and spells.

that's why you want crit chance on your weapons, and that includes daggers.

also? 1h dagger/shield is a perfectly legit build, as is just a 1h dagger, and use the ambidextrous feat to be able to toss grenades and use scrolls for 1 less AP.

think outside the box, son.

Last edited by Ichthyic; 31/10/17 09:14 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard