Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm sure I'm not the only one experiences this, but occasionally (read: often) when ever I try to add a new item into the world or target an existing object to edit/move it, the editor freezes up for a good 30-60 seconds. I've come to notice this is always with a "Version Control" tooltip in the lower right which also starts as a blank blue field also being frozen. So since the editor always freezes when the version control window appears, it's fair to draw a conclusion that the freezing and what ever the "Version control" process is correlated.

This is regardless of map size, I experience it as much on a small GM-size level as I do working on new side quests in Fort Joy.

I've tried with and without antivirus installed, different approaches of running the engine, and specs are GTX 1080, SSD hdd, 64GB ram and a decent cpu that peaks at 10% on tougher tasks.

So I guess the question remains, what exactly is version control, why is it causing the engine to freeze up so often, and how do one get rid of it?

M
M
YEEEESSSSS its PAIN , real PAIN, it for me always happen when i select the "place object option" from the left site and select a root template

most of the time - this blue box indicates i need to visit toilett or eat food LOL

Last edited by monzua; 31/10/17 08:48 PM.
Hi,

We are aware of this issue and are looking for a fix. Note that version control is disabled (despite the messages) and that this is unrelated.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Version control is hard to explain succinctly, so try Wikipedia.

Larian uses an industry-standard version control system called Perforce, or P4, which is helpful for them but not so helpful when you don't have that system or a license. And, unfortunately, the Perforce plugin for Divinity Engine 2 does not seem to be disabled in code; the editor will crash if the P4 DLLs cannot be found.

Best you can do is ensure that UseP4 is set to false in Config.xml.

edit: See JB's post above.

Last edited by fireundubh; 31/10/17 09:14 PM.

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks guys. Unfortunately, UseP4 is already set to false, so I guess all there is to do is wait for a patch smile

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard