Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Elemental Affinity requires electrified surface for Aerothurge. As we known, making electrified surface required at least 2 step :
none->water/blood->electrified water/blood (not talking about the electrified cloud which required more steps).

But for other school magic, it's Elemental Affinity surface is easier to make with 1 step.

My suggestion is considering cloud surface as the Elemental Affinity surface for Aerothurge as well. Some Aerothurge magic are cloud related, and the cloud is a kind of air, it's reasonable.

Also this change will make some interesting combination of Aerothurge magic: Smoke Cover + Smoke Cover then cast long range Aerothurge magic inside the smoke while other can't see you inside the smoke.

veteran
veteran
Not a bad idea, but don't forget that Magic armor blocks the shocked status effect just like any other.

old hand
old hand
But you could also argue that Aerothurge is the deadliest among elemental schools. High overall damage output plus hard cc potential.

What do you mean by "Smoke Cover + long range Air spell from inside smoke"? You're effectively blind when you're inside smoke; you can't see anything farther than your toes.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
making clouds an aero surface wouldn't be a bad idea. most clouds/smoke surfaces don't actually count towards elemental affinity, as far as i can remember, but i could be wrong

also, you can rank each skill based on how easy it is to use with elemental affinity, with hydro being the easiest (water by itself is harmless, and even ice/cursed water/cursed ice don't hurt you as long as you stand still and don't try to run on them), poison/fire being harder since standing in them will actively damage you even if you don't move, and aero being the hardest since on top of taking damage they require more steps to set up. i think making clouds in general a "surface" for elemental affinity would be cool

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Sounds like a fair argument. I guess you could make it easier to get electrified blood via blood sacrifice, but that means you have to play as an elf.
The only thing I am not sure about is, can you have more than one affinity at a time? It would be silly to stand in a water cloud and not have water affinity.

Either way, I am totally behind you smile

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Agreed, for necro is even easier, step 1: Play elf, step 2: cut yourself, step 3: profit while you listen to some emo song

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard