Print Thread
W
Wakko Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Hello guys
ive watched many videos about this game aout tactics,spells,skills ect but noone is adding torturer skill in the list. Is this skill that bad cause it sounds great. I mean in a warrior with battlestomp or in a rogue with chicken wings+ rapture tendons having 1 more turn of this effect sounds very good not to say op. Has anyone tested that or it doesnt work.

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
It works only with surfaces, not with the skills. It will not work for battlestomp or rupture tendons.

And the fights in the game are so quick that having +1 turn for the debuff is pretty useless.
And last but not least, as long as your enemies have armor, you will not be able to put the debuff anyways...

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
It is terrible, just like 75% of all talents.
Really, there's only a handful of them that make an actual noticable impact on your gameplay, and Larian has had every opportinity to balance them (mind you, most of them are untouched from DOS:1) but have thus far opted not to do so for some reason.

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Cavemandiary
Really, there's only a handful of them that make an actual noticable impact on your gameplay, and Larian has had every opportinity to balance them (mind you, most of them are untouched from DOS:1) but have thus far opted not to do so for some reason.

I totally agree. Except for Lone wolf, hot head, savage sortilege, the pawn or executioner, duck duck goose, far out man, Opportunist (and Pet pal because you don't have a choice...), the other talents are really underwhelming or even borderline crappy...

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
It does work on DoT statuses like poison or burn. Problem is, you generally don't want your enemies to last long enough for it to make any difference. There's that fire skill that deals increased damage based on DoT left on target, but taking a talent to combo with 1 skill is a waste.

Y
Y
It works nicely with that combustion skill that benefits for every turn on your enemies' burning.
Other than that, the best surface in the game--web, is infinite.

W
Wakko Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
W
Thanks for the info guys
I do have a pyro that work well with that but for the rest i ll go for either +2 stats or +2 skill . 5 star dinner also sounds intresting anyone has played with that combine with cooking ?

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by N0x

I totally agree. Except for Lone wolf, hot head, savage sortilege, the pawn or executioner, duck duck goose, far out man, Opportunist (and Pet pal because you don't have a choice...), the other talents are really underwhelming or even borderline crappy...

Picture of health is also very good lategame, where it can easily add an extra 40-50% HP.

What a rush is situational, but when it procs it actually makes a difference. Atleast I was pretty happy with it as a 4th talent, but I would obviously never pick it over the ones you listed (except Savage Sortilege if I wasn't using magic).

Mnemonic is pretty good early on, atleast on a non-LW team (where bigger is better gives 4, rather than 2, attribute points) if you feel like you need the extra skills.

Elemental affinity is also very good, if you actively use it to your advantage. This is especially true for hydro and necro, that have an easy time creating non-harmful surfaces for you to stand on.

And finally Bigger is better and all skilled up aren't terrible choices either, especially all skilled up with thievery since its value increases exponentially, allowing you access to some of the best gear in the game... you can say that it indirectly makes you stronger.

Last edited by Cavemandiary; 03/11/17 09:28 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
there are a number of good talents, but the bad ones are kind of puzzlingly bad

for example, they clearly tried to make school specialization a thing with talents like demon and ice king, but failed spectacularly since both are completely useless, if not outright detrimental. which is too bad, since i like the idea of making a character specialize in specific magic trees

hopefully the currently numerous talents i would never even think of taking on any character see some form of buff in the future

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by miaasma
there are a number of good talents, but the bad ones are kind of puzzlingly bad

for example, they clearly tried to make school specialization a thing with talents like demon and ice king, but failed spectacularly since both are completely useless, if not outright detrimental. which is too bad, since i like the idea of making a character specialize in specific magic trees

hopefully the currently numerous talents i would never even think of taking on any character see some form of buff in the future

"Puzzlingly bad" is a quaint, but accurate description indeed.
Demon and Ice King would actually be okay talents if they didn't have a drawback, and the same goes for other talents like Ambidexterity.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

At risk of a diversion, in somewhat curious about what makes it quaint; it's the sort of description I'd come out with myself. I know I'm old, but I'm not that old... smirk

J'aime le fromage.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by vometia

At risk of a diversion, in somewhat curious about what makes it quaint; it's the sort of description I'd come out with myself. I know I'm old, but I'm not that old... smirk

Apologies, I was under the false assumption that quaint meant something else entirely.

*Writes messages on the back of his palm: "Do not try to sound clever in your second language"*

veteran
veteran
Torturer would be fine if it worked as described hovering over the talent.
It's only bad because it doesn't...

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard