Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Peaches Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hello. I am currently developing a Skill Addon mod for DOS2 and am struggling to figure out how to make a handful of mechanic / skill effects work properly.

One of them involves dealing bonus damage from high ground.

Plunging Strike: A plunging attack that can only be performed from high ground. Deals [1] damage and knocks down the target.

Is this feasible? Is it possible to either (A) make it so the skill is only possible against targets on lower ground or (B) make it so the Knocked Down / Bonus Damage only occurs from high ground?

-

On a related note, can you make Status effects scale with stats or a skill's damage? For example, in the above skill, if I made a STATUS_DAMAGE status called "Plunge" that activates if the attack is performed from high ground, how could I make it so the damage it deals relates to either my weapons, my skills, or my attributes? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

D
D
You can certainly set conditions with in the skill properties of a skill's data. But I don't know what parameters it will allow beyond statuses/surfaces. It may be achievable through scripting, but that's outside my knowledge.

journeyman
journeyman
I do not recommend using Status effects to deal damage because they are not capable of dealing critical hits.

Skills pull from an internal damage table that is based on level and scaling modifiers. Damage Type determines how they scale in relation to abilities, and "ability" determines what stat they scale with, if any.

Weapon pull from an internal damage table as well, and follow the same conventions with Damage Type. The catch here is that weapons scale based on their requirement fields. Weapons can support multiple types of requirements, but only the one listed first affects scaling, despite the tooltip stating otherwise.

Damage on statuses comes from the weapon table, but in this instance only a subset of stats are supported (I don't believe requirements are), meaning making a status damage scale with attributes won't work, aside from the whole "they cant crit" issue as well.

You can work around this with remote damage effects (Something my skill generator will be supporting very soon : D).

As for elevation specific effects, you CAN do this but it will require almost fully scripting the ability (I'm going to make this a supported type in my skill generator because I love the idea).

You need to use GetPosition of your caster and your target, and then based on the difference of Y values you can do various things from bonus damage to status effects and other things.

Last edited by Sinistralis; 05/11/17 12:56 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard