Next Thread
Print Thread
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
[MINIMAL SPOILERS!]

Just as the title says. Is it act 1? Act 2? What character level is required?

I ask since I seek a +Thieving belt and, at level 5, no Ft. Joy vendor sells magic belts.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
What kind of items traders sell is random the very first "trader" (little boy on the beach) could sell a belt with +thiev or if unlucky you don't get one till Amadias Sanctuary.
Keep in mind that some traders (Warfare trader in the cave in Fort Joy) get new equipment every level up you get, so it is pretty likely they will sooner or later have the item you want.
I just always max lucky charm early for that extra chance to find magic items. (Lucky Charm 2 minimum required)

Last edited by Victor_Creed; 04/11/17 11:43 AM.
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
@Victor: I'm aware of the changed stock at level time. I also noticed via saving and reloading before talking to vendors before they restock (known to me as 'vendor rolling') is that their magic items (Uncommon, Rare, etc.) are always of the same slots (rings, hats, etc.) with randomly-generated modifiers/affixes for their type. This means that if a vendor has 1 magic ring in stock, vendor rolling won't change that, but vendor rolling can change what that ring does. The first time, that ring may be +1 Summoning. The second, that ring may be +1 Necromancy. And so on.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Endarire
@Victor: I'm aware of the changed stock at level time. I also noticed via saving and reloading before talking to vendors before they restock (known to me as 'vendor rolling') is that their magic items (Uncommon, Rare, etc.) are always of the same slots (rings, hats, etc.) with randomly-generated modifiers/affixes for their type. This means that if a vendor has 1 magic ring in stock, vendor rolling won't change that, but vendor rolling can change what that ring does. The first time, that ring may be +1 Summoning. The second, that ring may be +1 Necromancy. And so on.

Yeah, that is basically the same, if you get an item via Lucky Charm.
So you could reload if they have a unique belt with stats you don't want, but ofc doesn't work on non uniques.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard