Print Thread
#635671 04/11/17 11:05 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello ppl

I read that Translated String Editor is an usefull tools for translate project, or a custom adventure in different languages.
But i didn't see where it is. Is integrated in Divinity Engine 2 or is a 3th party program live Pak extractor?
Anyone Have some link to thi s tools

Ty in advance

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I find the editor sry for post ty

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have another question

I have exctract english.pak in a folder named mylanguage, i translate some line and i try to repak in mylanguage.pak, i chane in language.lsx "english" in "mylanguage" but when i start game translated string don't appear.
Where i'm wrong?

T
addict
addict
T
Translation/localisation does not happen via the translated string editor. The translated string editor merely allows for defining key/value pairs of strings that later on could be localised.

The localisation process itself is quite inflexible at this time, and does not allow for defining custom localised strings in mods, unfortunately.

You can only translate the main game in your own language should you wish to do so, by extracting english.xml from the game's pak files (not sure which it is in), renaming it to your own language, and then translating the strings in this file.

We realise this is a big limitation, but it is extremely unlikely this will be fixed for DOS2 as it would require a lot of changes to the engine.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I already extract english.xml, translated and renamed in mylanguage, the game work great only if i put my folder in localization game folder like this:

...\divinity2\data\localization\mylanguage\mylanguage.xml

If i try to do mylanguage.pak via export tools and put this in:

..\divinity2\data\localization\mylanguage.pak

the game dosn't accept the file, start in english.
I have edited the language.lsx and changed the string "english" in "mylanguage" but dosn't work.

anyone know why?

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
It's not the whole truth that no custom strings can be added, the Epic Encounters mod for D:OS1 proved the opposite, they even changed names for existing talents. But it's a very tedious process ...

If I assume that the system still works like it did in the old D:OS1:

You'd have to unpack the translated string key file with the EE pak extractor to XML format (.lsf or .lsb to .lsx).
Then you'd have to manually add a handle="..." attribute to every 'translated' string, repack the file and used the values of the handles as pointers in your language XML.

I do not know which type and format the handle value requires, I think I remember someone speaking of a 'GID' once. There are id generators on the web and you'd always have to make sure to create a unique value that is not used anywhere else.

The handle="..." attribute is not only used for translated string keys but also in root templates.

The old D:OS1 editor did not have a way to edit or attach translation handles either, for modders, unpacking with the EE pak extractor and manually creating handles and editing the XML file was the only way to teach the game new localized strings. (But the game would always display at least the original 'translated string value' if it could not find a pointer link to the localization file.)

T
addict
addict
T
True, you can add localised strings by adding them to the global English/French/... file and by manually adding guids for the localised string handles. But because the file containing the globalised strings is global, only one mod at a time could do this. And when the game gets updated and new strings get added, you would have to redo the process (or players would miss out on the extra strings from the main game).

Good morning! Sorry if a bit off.

We started the preparations to translate the game, our dictionary is coming along nicely. smile

As we extracted the texts, we can see that the lines are mixed randomly.
Maybe there is anyone here who could advise how to group/sort them effectively?

Thanks a lot!

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard