Next Thread
Print Thread
#635754 05/11/17 08:28 PM
Tiqon Offline OP
OP Offline
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1192862396

Taken from the description on Steam:

Crackmaw hide out.

Created from the map from the D&D Lost mine of Phandelver adventure.

I tried to be very true to the original map. So this is made with the ruler tool, to make sure all measures were right. That can make it a bit crammed.

The first room on the right actually have a small passage up to the main room as in the adventure, but i did not make it so it was possible to actually go though with a character without a GM moving the character. That is because in the module it took some skill to actully do it. so it's up to the GM to decide if the climb was a succes and the GM can then move the character manually.

IMPORTANT! there was no way to make it so a character can walk under the bridge... So you will, as a GM, have to move the characters from one side of the bridge to the other when "walking" under it manually, while playing.

I plan to populate and add stuff to the dungeon as per the adventure, but this will be in another mod as I like to give people the possiblity to choose what to DL and what not to.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tiqon #635759 05/11/17 09:01 PM
M
M
Great Map! By the way as a hack: you could palce a Event-Trigger on one site and a Point-Trigger on the other site and write a osiris call to teleport character to the Point trigger when entering the Event-Trigger. Or you could also populate the space below the Bridge with some Stones and put a small item in there and add a onUse teleport Action to it, so it would look like the Player would squeeze through a small passage below the Bridge. Just some ideas to make it more natural - also if you want to use it as addon or standalone. smile

Looking forward to your next maps smile

PS: If you need some Code snipets let me know via PM!

Last edited by monzua; 05/11/17 09:05 PM.
Tiqon #635966 06/11/17 08:57 AM
Tiqon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks smile.

I was thinking about making a "teleport" thing. I have no experience with that though and my mind was beginning to wander to another map that have been on the drawing board... :S.

The stone, sqeezing through is a very nice idea. But that kinda breaks a thing with the map, as one of the things in the module was that the goblins would break the dams in the upper chamber at the waterfall and the water would rush down to wash away the heroes wink. I plan to do that the old fanshion way (you know describing with words ;)).

I tried to be true to the original. that does give some headache in Divinity laugh.

I might get to the teleport thing though, so thanks for the offer of the snippet!

Tiqon #636002 06/11/17 02:21 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I tested my suggestion with ladder with some success. Although i have to say, that so far I just was successful when the ladder was a bit diagonal. Not when it was completely horizontal.
see here:
[Linked Image]

morez #636017 06/11/17 04:39 PM
Tiqon Offline OP
OP Offline
Hehe it looks crazy, but I know what you mean, changing the animation and such.

I actually tried this when you mentioned it earlier, but I could not get it to work at all. I did not try so hard though. I Believe i did place the ladder at an angle (as the patch has a natural climb). All that did was from one side he just kinda got on the ladder and of again right away.

Anyway, I apreciate all your efforts smile. The castle I have been working on, has the same issue actually. I did not realize it before I made this little map.

Tiqon #636412 09/11/17 12:31 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I really like the "nature" part of this level. You should do a bigger one focussed on that!

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
Tiqon #636413 09/11/17 12:42 PM
Tiqon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, as I said with my portal map, I tend to be more grounded in realism. I find that getting crazy ideas is not something I do very well. I get a bit "grumpy old man like" when when it does not make sense, especially things I make myself. Thats why I ever did get good at drawing for example. I can't draw good enough, and I can't accept things aren't realistic.
When others do that I think it's fine. A strange double thing I know, especilly for one who loves fantasy and Sci-fi so much as I do, but thats how I'm wired I guess.
Anyway, i actually like to do the nature scenes. And I think i learn more and more each time I make them.

Link Copied to Clipboard