Print Thread
W
Wolfy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Hi peeps,
I was tempted to get cheat commander or the starter gold mods just to take the edge off gold issues at the start of the game.

If I take the starter gold mod and get the cash out the bag then disable the mod, save the game without mod then load from save, will achievements continue??

I'm half hoping you say no but an honest answer would be nice.. A bit of gold at the start would be great and I am playing the Red Prince who should have a few quid on him anyway. smile

Thanks

Last edited by Wolfy; 06/11/17 11:12 AM.

What a deliciously crooked spine you have my dear, here's a shiv to help straighten it. Now isn't that better?
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Idk, but why don't you just use Cheat Engine, which doesn't disable achievements in the first place?

Apart from that I wouldn't cheat gold via mod, cheat engine or anything, since there are so many ways to get gold without cheats(the easiest way is an exploit tho), but the main problem is you don't need gold ever, since you can just steal whatever you want from merchants.

You should probably seek out the relevant cheat utility's own support or discussion page if you want answers to that from a reliable source.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Victor_Creed
but the main problem is you don't need gold ever, since you can just steal whatever you want from merchants.

Umm no, since you can only steal once from a person, and as you level up and they restock new items. You wont be able to steal those, and items scale up pretty fast in A2 and onwards. Bartering is the main way you get items.

So then it becomes a game of hoarding every item to sell with high bartering and attitude, which ends up being just a tedious waste of time imo.

After learning how to afford everything through bartering you realize there' no point to waste time and not help yourself to a hefty 300k gold for the rest of the game lol. The loot system is flawed in this way

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by omegazen
Originally Posted by Victor_Creed
but the main problem is you don't need gold ever, since you can just steal whatever you want from merchants.

Umm no, since you can only steal once from a person, and as you level up and they restock new items. You wont be able to steal those, and items scale up pretty fast in A2 and onwards. Bartering is the main way you get items.

So then it becomes a game of hoarding every item to sell with high bartering and attitude, which ends up being just a tedious waste of time imo.

After learning how to afford everything through bartering you realize there' no point to waste time and not help yourself to a hefty 300k gold for the rest of the game lol. The loot system is flawed in this way

Who said you gotta steal the first chance you get?
Also if you have a party you can steal up to 4 times.

Never steal right off the bat. The best time is when they get their next shipment of books in and they unlock for you at whatever level it is. Like, 5-6 or something.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Very early game, you may need to steal just to get enough items to be relevant and make progress. After that, wait on stealing until you have higher bonuses from levels, talent (All Skilled Up), and items.

Also remember you can turn recruitable NPCs into Shadowblades for +1 or +2 Thievery initially and swap them in and out of your party as prudent for extra stealing. And you can recruit mercenaries and respec them starting in early act 2 for stealin'.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard