Print Thread
#636154 07/11/17 06:22 PM
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hello (yet again)

I seem to be in over my head on all these specific editor uses, I have maybe 4 different active threads asking for help now...

Anyway, the question I have is pretty straightforward. There are some Scenery objects which I really want to use in my campaign, but I need them to be able to be interacted with, for Osiris to pick up the events thrown. I tried right-clicking the object in the root template folder and make interactable, but that didn't work - no bounds were registered. I tried deriving my own templates from these items, and giving it an AI bound, but that just makes it act like a movement blocking object - a step in the right direction, but not done.

I think (correct me if I am wrong), for interact-ables, I need a PhysicsResource, since none of the items have one as the scenery object. I have yet to try this, since finding a proper resource is mix-and-match from existing templates, and I don't know yet how to create one.

Thanks again community,

Projects: Tomb of Horrors: Tomb of Horrors
veteran
veteran
Click the + icon in the root template browser and make a new item, set the visual resource ID to be of the scenery item you want it to look like, then you're more or less set smile

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I have not tried making a blank template item and changing solely the visual resource ID. Not sure, but is that any different from what I have tried? Which is, I have done create new item from template of the scenery I wanted, so some options were auto-completed for me. I noticed it left out the AI bounds, the physics resource, and the mesh resource because the base scenery did not have any (one of the decorative curtains) for reference.

In either event, I'll try it when I get some time. Thanks for the input

journeyman
journeyman
You can make an item non-interactable with

Code
ItemSetCanInteract(_ITEM,0);

And make it interactable again with a 1 instead of 0.

addict
addict
And make sure you the click through option is set to false.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Thanks guys, they work. Now, I have me some dank and expensive (steal-able) curtains.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Those von Trapp family children will be so happy! laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard